Week 11 GDT : Los Angeles Chargers (4-5) @ Green Bay Packers (3-6)

Leader

The Chargers are a team so much better than their record.

The Packers are a team so much worse than their record.

It will be interesting to see what happens. I could legitimately see the Chargers dominating to the tune of 38-17, or I could see the Packers somehow winning something like a 27-24 game.

At the same time, Herbert is the first legitimately good quarterback we’ll have played all season. Kirk Cousins was the closest thing to that and he was on pace for a 300 yard, 3 TD, 0 INT game before getting injured.

2 hours ago, MacReady said:

It will be interesting to see what happens. I could legitimately see the Chargers dominating to the tune of 38-17, or I could see the Packers somehow winning something like a 27-24 game.

At the same time, Herbert is the first legitimately good quarterback we’ll have played all season. Kirk Cousins was the closest thing to that and he was on pace for a 300 yard, 3 TD, 0 INT game before getting injured.

This post is so much worse than normal! LOL

The Packers have lost 4 - 1 score games. This happens with a young team. To say we are so much worse than our record, defies any logic whatsoever. 

Edited by Old Guy
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

This post is so much worse than normal! LOL

The Packers have lost 4 - 1 score games. This happens with a young team. To way we are so much worse than our record, defies any logic whatsoever. 

Jamiis Winston, Rypien, Pickett, Fields, Garroppolo, Cousins and his backup, Wilson, Ridder.

And still we’re the 8th worst team in explosive plays.

When measuring the quality of a team, you must consider the competition.

5 minutes ago, MacReady said:

Jamiis Winston, Rypien, Pickett, Fields, Garroppolo, Cousins and his backup, Wilson, Ridder.

We are a young, improving team. Joe Barry is a problem; we all know that. Our quarterback is growing. We've won 3 games and lost 4 more by less than a score. 

There is no metric which would tell you we are worse than our record. We are a much better team now than we were week 1. 

We are actually better than our record and will continue to get better as the year goes on. 

17 minutes ago, MacReady said:

You are what your record says you are.  The Bolts have one more win that we do.  LA has had issues closing out games.  I fully expect us to lose this one because the Chargers are still in the playoff hunt so they have a lot to play for.  I just want to see a continuation of what we saw last week against the Steelers - improvement over what we saw earlier in the season.  If we win, great.  If not it isn't the end of the world.

14 minutes ago, MacReady said:

The Chargers are 4 spots below us in defensive DVOA.

(Yes I know their offense is much better).

This should be a similar game to their game last week if Love is on his game. If you can get Bosa and Mack blocked, this defense is ugly.

I won't comment on their offense vs our defense because I know that could get real ugly too. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Pugger said:

You are what your record says you are.  The Bolts have one more win that we do.  LA has had issues closing out games.  I fully expect us to lose this one because the Chargers are still in the playoff hunt so they have a lot to play for.  I just want to see a continuation of what we saw last week against the Steelers - improvement over what we saw earlier in the season.  If we win, great.  If not it isn't the end of the world.

If a team beat 16 third string quarterbacks on teams below 500 and lost to a second string quarterback while scoring 20 points a game and giving up 19 points a game, would you bet on them to win it all?

42 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

We are a young, improving team. Joe Barry is a problem; we all know that. Our quarterback is growing. We've won 3 games and lost 4 more by less than a score. 

There is no metric which would tell you we are worse than our record. We are a much better team now than we were week 1. 

We are actually better than our record and will continue to get better as the year goes on. 

We haven't scored more than 20 points since week 2 and we are somehow getting better? When did losing close games become a point of pride?

Packers are 3rd in 3 and outs and 27th in red zone percentage. The stats speak for themselves.