Week 11 GDT : Los Angeles Chargers (4-5) @ Green Bay Packers (3-6)

Leader

2 hours ago, MacReady said:

If a team beat 16 third string quarterbacks on teams below 500 and lost to a second string quarterback while scoring 20 points a game and giving up 19 points a game, would you bet on them to win it all?

Of course not.  I'm not sure what this has to do with my post above...  

9 minutes ago, Pugger said:

Of course not.  I'm not sure what this has to do with my post above...  

Teams are not what their records say they are. Last year’s Vikings, the 2011 Packers…

Our team is not better than the Chargers, and it’s not close.

The Chargers have elite (defined by top 10 at their position, top 20 if it’s CB/S/WR) players at almost every level.

59 minutes ago, Mr Bad Example said:

All analysis of the relative merits of the two teams is undercut by the fact that both of them can f up a wet dream

The Chargers can actually beat teams who have their starting QB. We haven't won a game against a teams starting QB since week 1 and it's not like we've had a gauntlet of a schedule. 

1 hour ago, StatKing said:

The Chargers can actually beat teams who have their starting QB. We haven't won a game against a teams starting QB since week 1 and it's not like we've had a gauntlet of a schedule. 

The Chargers can also be a dark horse SB pick who is sitting here at 4-5, with their HC one of the most common names on the chopping block.

The Chargers are not some great team. They can't defend anything if they don't get home with Bosa and Mack and they'll soon realize what missing Palmer and Williams will do for the coverages Allen gets. 

Roster-wise right now, this is about as even as you can get. I'd pick the Chargers because Staley isn't quite as bad as Barry, but it should be a 34-28 type game. If it's not, one of the pass rushes consistently got home. 

4 hours ago, MacReady said:

Teams are not what their records say they are. Last year’s Vikings, the 2011 Packers…

Our team is not better than the Chargers, and it’s not close.

The Chargers have elite (defined by top 10 at their position, top 20 if it’s CB/S/WR) players at almost every level.

You'll get no argument from me about the Chargers being better than us.  But there is a reason they have only one more win than we do.  They haven't played all that great at times.

4 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

The Chargers can also be a dark horse SB pick who is sitting here at 4-5, with their HC one of the most common names on the chopping block.

The Chargers are not some great team. They can't defend anything if they don't get home with Bosa and Mack and they'll soon realize what missing Palmer and Williams will do for the coverages Allen gets. 

Roster-wise right now, this is about as even as you can get. I'd pick the Chargers because Staley isn't quite as bad as Barry, but it should be a 34-28 type game. If it's not, one of the pass rushes consistently got home. 

Staley is just a bad coach, thats the only reason the Chargers are 4-5. I don't know how you can say they are even close roster wise. Chargers have a significantly better QB and WR, along with a better RB and a comparable OL. The offensive talent isn't even close, if we had a top 5 defense to lean on maybe you can make an argument but we dont.