DTR vs Joe Flaco

hornbybrown

DTR of Flaco  

15 members have voted

1. 1. DTR of Flaco

• DTR
    • Flaco

8 hours ago, Thomas5737 said:

Flacco's first 7 years his team's regular season record was 74-40. His last 8 years (half with the Ravens) it's 27-41.

His sack percentage went down and so did his ypa. He isn't good as a checkdown QB and that is what he became.

Yeah I think people are gonna see pretty quickly why he was available.

He still gonna be head and shoulders better than PJ imo. I’m not sure I’ve seen a worse QB in the nfl.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

If I’m AB I’m on the phone with Colt McCoy and gauging his interest.

Bring him in on the PS for a week or two and once he’s up to speed it’s time to drop MVPJ.  We simply can’t play him again, it’s time to look elsewhere.

Hell, bring in RGIII as well for a work out at least- what have you got to lose? Don't have to sign the guy but at least take a look.

Edited by pscottdai

As sad as it is, if they keep a float enough to make the playoffs, this team isn’t going to go anywhere in the playoffs with the quarterback situation. I think all of us would love to at least make it to the playoffs and experience whatever is to come from that, but that’s the real reality. We have complete trash at quarterback. Flacco has to be better than the guys we have trotted out there, but I’m not expecting mid-level play either. Losing Chubb/leshaun stoke a window-year from us. Even so it would have been nice to at least have respectable QB2 play and seen things shake out. Not the case. Walker and DTR aren’t NFL caliber.

5 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

As sad as it is, if they keep a float enough to make the playoffs, this team isn’t going to go anywhere in the playoffs with the quarterback situation. I think all of us would love to at least make it to the playoffs and experience whatever is to come from that, but that’s the real reality. We have complete trash at quarterback. Flacco has to be better than the guys we have trotted out there, but I’m not expecting mid-level play either. Losing Chubb/leshaun stoke a window-year from us. Even so it would have been nice to at least have respectable QB2 play and seen things shake out. Not the case. Walker and DTR aren’t NFL caliber.

Honestly I didn’t think DTR looked half bad out there.  Drops have killed his numbers the last 2 weeks.  

I thought he did as well as one could hope with that garbage game plan and support he had yesterday.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NateDawg said:

Walker and DTR aren’t NFL caliber.

DTR fifth round rookie making his 3rd start...I wouldn't jump the gun with that statement just yet. He could develop into a solid backup option. PJ is trash. Guess we'll see what Flacco has left this week (while closing our eyes and praying).

Edited by dawgdish

52 minutes ago, brownie man said:

I'm picking PJ over Flacco this week

Theres no way he's more ready than PJ. We can beat the Rams with PJ. 

Whatever we do we need to make a decision asap

We didn’t sign Flacco to help PJ along. 

Flacco has played a decade and a half, nearly 200 games.  There’s not much he hasn’t seen.  He’s far more equipped even with limited knowledge of our offense to actually do something productive than PJ.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

We didn’t sign Flacco to help PJ along. 

Flacco has played a decade and a half, nearly 200 games.  There’s not much he hasn’t seen.  He’s far more equipped even with limited knowledge of our offense to actually do something productive than PJ.

PJ is a good story and a bad NFL QB.

Flacco isn't good but better than PJ.

Your Colt suggestion is probably a slightly better option than Flacco if we get the checkdown version which seems likely.

DTR struggled and is over his head at the moment but I think think he is currently our best hope. He may not get cleared this week though.

• Like 1

DTR needs to learn when to throw 60 mph and when to throw it 30 mph. Dude lets it rip and while NFL WR should catch it, if it’s not in the green catch circle it’s hard to do. Cooper has had struggles for some reason and that is surprising. I thought that Harrison Bryant TD was a fastball and was glad he caught it. If he dropped it, he’s a bum. That was a middle though. 

9 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

PJ is a good story and a bad NFL QB.

Flacco isn't good but better than PJ.

and by a fairly wide margin imo.

PJ isn’t rosterable imo.

Your Colt suggestion is probably a slightly better option than Flacco if we get the checkdown version which seems likely.

Hopefully he’s willing to go down the field a bit.  That’s what we need.

DTR struggled and is over his head at the moment but I think think he is currently our best hope. He may not get cleared this week though.

I don’t think DTR looked all that bad.  He’s obviously not starter material yet, but for a backup?  Meh.  I’ve seen a lot worse.  He also had a lot of help from the receivers. 

He definitely has a lot to learn just as far as running NFL offenses and such. Watching what Wilson was able to do as far as manipulating defenses, etc. compared to DTR was chess to checkers.  But, such is life with a rookie…