Tanking

Big T

I think, honestly, the Jets have to trade the ‘25 1st and 2nd picks to pick up Devonte and/or ‘24 draft capital. That’s the only thing that makes sense. Let’s say you trade your 1st 2nd next year to pick up 2nd and an extra third. Then you can take the QB Rd1 depending on who drops, or trade up. Then hope Tippman and Warren can be starters next year. Becton probably has to be moved or be a backup. Maybe get a tackle/guard in FA. But receiver G OT QB have to be addressed.

If they skip the QB this year and just sign a backup, you are certainly tanking in ‘25 anyway because ‘24 is all-in.

5 hours ago, WheatieMan said:

I think, honestly, the Jets have to trade the ‘25 1st and 2nd picks to pick up Devonte and/or ‘24 draft capital. That’s the only thing that makes sense. Let’s say you trade your 1st 2nd next year to pick up 2nd and an extra third. Then you can take the QB Rd1 depending on who drops, or trade up. Then hope Tippman and Warren can be starters next year. Becton probably has to be moved or be a backup. Maybe get a tackle/guard in FA. But receiver G OT QB have to be addressed.

If they skip the QB this year and just sign a backup, you are certainly tanking in ‘25 anyway because ‘24 is all-in.

You can't give up the 25 1st. 

The only way to make a deal for devante is a trade down situation. Or, I guess you could do something crazy like breece hall for devante adams

8 hours ago, WheatieMan said:

This is an incredible take.

14 hours ago, WheatieMan said:

Holy Christ that would be the worst trade we can possibly make and then you doubled down! 

1 hour ago, ekill08x said:

Holy Christ that would be the worst trade we can possibly make and then you doubled down! 

If they aren’t all-in next year, why bother with Rogers? Force all his buddies out and take a QB in that case. Then rebuild every other aspect of the team once the defense inevitably sucks again because of cap issues that force JDs hand. If I am them, I am going full McVay. How can you not go all-in if the plan is centered around Rogers in ‘24?

Edited by WheatieMan

7 hours ago, NJerseypaint said:

This is an incredible take.

It’s not an incredible take when you realize a 2nd or 1st place Jet team that lost in the divisional is a far worse outcome than what appears to be a full blown tank here on out to set them up next year. Could they have won the SB with Rogers this year? Sure… if everything played out the complete opposite on the offensive side of the ball, maybe. But an early playoff loss would not have been worth it.

‘24 becomes the year where Rogers gets a 3-4th place schedule. And they can get a one seed to boot. Or a home game at the very least. I would move as much ‘25 draft capital as I reasonably can up to ‘24, unless Rogers is forced out of course. You’d need some assurances he would not abruptly retire. Maybe Adams is that guy.

Edited by WheatieMan

16 hours ago, WheatieMan said:

WE DON''T HAVE A SECOND ROUND PICK IN 2024

1 hour ago, WheatieMan said:

It’s not an incredible take when you realize a 2nd or 1st place Jet team that lost in the divisional is a far worse outcome than what appears to be a full blown tank here on out to set them up next year. Could they have won the SB with Rogers this year? Sure… if everything played out the complete opposite on the offensive side of the ball, maybe. But an early playoff loss would not have been worth it.

‘24 becomes the year where Rogers gets a 3-4th place schedule. And they can get a one seed to boot. Or a home game at the very least. I would move as much ‘25 draft capital as I reasonably can up to ‘24, unless Rogers is forced out of course. You’d need some assurances he would not abruptly retire. Maybe Adams is that guy.

I was talking about that you have Carter Warren pegged as a starter but Becton as a backup. Becton, while not an All-Pro, has not been a total liability while Warren's inability to block is apparent from my couch.

24 minutes ago, NJerseypaint said:

I was talking about that you have Carter Warren pegged as a starter but Becton as a backup. Becton, while not an All-Pro, has not been a total liability while Warren's inability to block is apparent from my couch.

Haven’t seen Warren play, but not sure how much cap they can save by cutting Becton. It’s probably time to move on, unless there are no better options in FA. RT is more appropriate.

6 minutes ago, WheatieMan said:

Haven’t seen Warren play, but not sure how much cap they can save by cutting Becton. It’s probably time to move on, unless there are no better options in FA. RT is more appropriate.

There won't be any better Ts in FA that are better than Becton, at least not enough for us to be guaranteed one or two of them. You keep Becton.

With the bears win, the pats just moved into the third slot in the draft. The Panthers pick at 1(bears get it) then the cardinals and pats are both at two wins.then there are 7 teams sitting at four wins.

I'm going to lose my mind if we lose the rest of our games until week 18 and then beat the pats to gift them a top 2 pick in a QB draft. I can see them stealing a win somewhere and the game becoming "loser gets 2nd overall pick" and us deciding to put Rodgers out there to break the streak.