Week 13: Chiefs @ Packers Lead up - Big Big SNF Game Vs Mahomes and MaAuto

LLcheesehead12

Man, I'll tell ya, I know it's only been one day since our win and nothing is sure in this league, but I am now looking forward to this game more than ever.  A month ago I would have given us no shot to win this one, but now I actually believe we can.

We got a tough defense we're facing against Chris Jones, LaJarius Snead and co, but our offense finally seems to be clicking even without Aaron Jones, and with 10 days to rest he might be back.

And our defense while giving up some big plays this last game held a very good Detroit O to just over 20.  Chiefs offense has been having problems with bad hands receivers not named Kelce and Mahomes has been looking like old man Rodgers of 2018 and 2022 out there lately.  Hopefully MVS and JWatson84 are still dropping passes come this Sunday so our defense can focus on boxing in Pecheko and Kelce.

Well, last time we played these guys we held them to 13 and they had a better offense that year.  It was Love's first start and I think he's grown quite a bit since.  Sunday night and this is gonna be a barn burner.  Bring Em On!!!!

1 hour ago, Arthur Penske said:

The secondary will likely be be healthier for this one but I’d run it with pacheco vs Barry’s defense like 30 times if I were KC

Sure is crazy how things have changed when you think of a game like this potentially being more of a low scoring run game like this, or at least more like a 21-20 score type of game.  Thing is knowing Mahomes he isn't going to want the run to pass ratio to be out of kilter like that, or at least no more than Rodgers did when he was here.  Not to mention I'm guessing he has similar privileges that allow him to change plays at the line as well.

Either way, our OL actually has been doing a bit better as of late, I'm curious to see if they're up for the task of blocking this Chiefs' defensive front.  Also curious to see if the Chiefs put Snead directly on Watson to follow him around the field, or if they just stick him on one side on the outside receiver.

As I said though, I just hope MVS hasn't started learning how to catch all the sudden.

26 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Mahomes out there dropping dimes. Gonna need those WRs to keep dropping em to win this one 

No he hasn't been!  I mean yeah he hit MVS in the hands for a should have been TD pass but sailed about half his other passes way over everyone's heads or way short in every game I've watched him in this year.

There's a reason the Chiefs offense has been looking poor all year

3 hours ago, LLcheesehead12 said:

Man, I'll tell ya, I know it's only been one day since our win and nothing is sure in this league, but I am now looking forward to this game more than ever.  A month ago I would have given us no shot to win this one, but now I actually believe we can.

We got a tough defense we're facing against Chris Jones, LaJarius Snead and co, but our offense finally seems to be clicking even without Aaron Jones, and with 10 days to rest he might be back.

And our defense while giving up some big plays this last game held a very good Detroit O to just over 20.  Chiefs offense has been having problems with bad hands receivers not named Kelce and Mahomes has been looking like old man Rodgers of 2018 and 2022 out there lately.  Hopefully MVS and JWatson84 are still dropping passes come this Sunday so our defense can focus on boxing in Pecheko and Kelce.

Well, last time we played these guys we held them to 13 and they had a better offense that year.  It was Love's first start and I think he's grown quite a bit since.  Sunday night and this is gonna be a barn burner.  Bring Em On!!!!

Does this mean we're not firing Gute, LaFleur, Barry and getting rid of Love now? 

I mean a few weeks ago we were a raving lunatic about how everybody sucked, and we needed to clean house. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

Does this mean we're not firing Gute, LaFleur, Barry and getting rid of Love now? 

I mean a few weeks ago we were a raving lunatic about how everybody sucked, and we needed to clean house. 

Well, I'd say jury is still out on Barry, but for now defense is doing good enough

I think LaFleur finally got the memo to take the training wheels and handcuffs off, and hence we finally getting some rhythm and continuity on offense

• Like 1

Jenkins looks healthy, Tom is a stud. Our oline was awesome on turkey day. Hope they can do it again. Mahomes is a beast but their offense has been sputtering. I'm excited for this game. I'm trying to keep expectations low but I love how this team plays for each other and together. We have a strong locker room imo. That means something this time of year 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Toddfather said:

Jenkins looks healthy, Tom is a stud. Our oline was awesome on turkey day. Hope they can do it again. Mahomes is a beast but their offense has been sputtering. I'm excited for this game. I'm trying to keep expectations low but I love how this team plays for each other and together. We have a strong locker room imo. That means something this time of year 

It'll be interesting to see how GB defends Kelce. If they play nothing but straight zone - he'll be open all day.

1 minute ago, Leader said:

It'll be interesting to see how GB defends Kelce. If they play nothing but straight zone - he'll be open all day.

I would hope we are aggressive again, but it isn't goff this week... He needs rhythm, Mahomes... Well, he does not. It's a big test for the back field who might have to really deal with extended plays. Either way it's a great test and a game I feel way better about than I did a month ago. 

• Like 1