Week 13: Chiefs @ Packers Lead up - Big Big SNF Game Vs Mahomes and MaAuto

LLcheesehead12

22 hours ago, StatKing said:

Packers deserved to win that game. I don't know why Chiefs fans are so salty about the non call when they got outplayed all game.

I don't think it's Chiefs fan. There hasn't been a Chiefs fan (including my girlfriend) who blamed the loss on the refs.

22 minutes ago, TheEagle said:

I don't think it's Chiefs fan. There hasn't been a Chiefs fan (including my girlfriend) who blamed the loss on the refs.

Yeah, I haven't checked any Chiefs forums but I doubt they're as worked up about things as social media or the talking heads might think.  But even so, I couldn't really blame them as it sucks period as a fan if you're on the wrong side of a big impact bad call.

The real problem I have though is with sports media cherry picking bad calls and zeroing in on just the one PI call while leaving out the bad ones or non calls that happened against us.

This whole thing kind of reminds me of that game against Detroit a few years ago when the whole ESPN crew went apoplectic because the refs tagged the Lions with those hands to the face penalties, and yeah I think those were wrong, but they ignored a bad call earlier in the game where they awarded Detroit a TD on 4th down where the ball never broke the plane that I could see.  And the Lions didn't lose that game because of those calls, they lost because they failed to get points off the turnovers we gave them and kept settling for FGs instead of getting TDs.  Pretty similar situation happened here.

27 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

WTF is wrong with her? It's always the refs fault when you lose. 

Any remotely realistic Chiefs fan HAS to know that they've been so far on the right side of bad calls at the end of games to just keep quiet when one goes against them. 

Edited by wgbeethree
  • Like 2

On 12/5/2023 at 2:45 PM, TheEagle said:

the late hit on mahommes and the clock stop on the out of bouce tacke were bad calls and game would have been over if not for those too, the PI woulndt have mattered, maybe they would have had one untimed play... and a 2pt conversion, maybe 20% chance to tie.

Edited by fattlipp

13 hours ago, PossibleCabbage said:

It is both true that "The Chiefs played themselves into a position where they were down 8, with no time outs and 69 seconds to go 70 yards", which is as close to "deserves to lose" as you can imagine.  There's also the case that the last minute of the game was very poorly officiated.

Agreed. It was poorly officiated at the end for both teams though is the caveat.