Week 13: Chiefs @ Packers Lead up - Big Big SNF Game Vs Mahomes and MaAuto

LLcheesehead12

2 hours ago, LLcheesehead12 said:

Both QBs need receivers though, and Goff has a highly talented bunch.  Mahomes does not compared to the current crop in Detroit or past Chiefs teams with the likes of Tyreek and JJSS on them.  I get it that you never want to count him out, but he's been firing way more errant passes this year than I've ever seen him throw and looking like Rodgers was last year.  Anyone who doubts me needs to go watch game replays on NFL+ and watch his deep balls getting sailed out to nobody often.

The main reason the Chiefs are 7-3 thus far is their defense has been causing turnovers and giving opposing offenses problems.  So yeah, Love and the offense will have their hands full too, but we're actually getting things clicking now in that department, and if that continues I smell a win coming.

I normally wouldn't have faith in Barry succeeding, but he held an even better Mahomes offense to only 13 in Arrowhead 2 years ago, and this team should be plenty stoppable for him here at home.

100% I feel it's a winnable game. I still think it comes down to our oline keeping 10 clean and letting him work. 

Just as we're all throwing the "P" word around, and with legitimate reason, it's useful to remember this is still a very young team with many mistakes to left to make. This game against the Chiefs is likely going to be a humbling curb stomping. And not only that, but there's likely a head scratching bad loss or two in the games to come vs NYG, TB, CAR, MIN, and CHI. None of that should change the positive things we're witnessing right now.

On the other hand, if they beat KC, unbridled enthusiasm is going to be a runaway train. And yet, they could then still lay a turd against the Panthers and completely cancel out a win over the Chiefs. Best to just watch for growth and hope for (not count on) the best.

Edited by Mr Anonymous
  • Like 3

17 minutes ago, Mr Anonymous said:

Just as we're all throwing the "P" word around, and with legitimate reason, it's useful to remember this is still a very young team with many mistakes to left to make. This game against the Chiefs is likely going to be a humbling curb stomping. And not only that, but there's likely a head scratching bad loss or two in the games to come vs NYG, TB, CAR, MIN, and CHI. None of that should change the positive things we're witnessing right now.

On the other hand, if they beat KC, unbridled enthusiasm is going to be a runaway train. And yet, they could then still lay a turd against the Panthers and completely cancel out a win over the Chiefs. Best to just watch for growth and hope for (not count on) the best.

I liked you better when you were Anonymous :)

• Like 1

15 hours ago, NFLGURU said:

I was at that Monday Night scorefest at Lambeau in 1983 against Washington.  I dont think the difference between these teams is as great as that, but we need an electric night from the fanbase.  Big win if we can pull it off.

I was too!   It was like a video game.  But today's Packers, especially our D, is much better than that unit we had back in 1983.

• Like 1