Week 13: {8-3} SF 49ers @ {10-1} Philadelphia Eagles

Nabbs4u

57 minutes ago, Broadway Joe said:

You gotta work in your temper, you get way too worked up every time you reply to me or maybe with everyone that is not homering in every post. 

While I do agree that we play way too much zone, not only on Sunday but in general, the Cowboys game is a prime example, the Dolphins game had LBs in man to man a lot if IIRC. 

But still all of of what I said about every player the same way you did still stands, if you look at every player in a vacuum like in your other post, you will tend to believe we have good talent, but being that most of them are over 30 and past their prime, they do not play to that level consistently, each week one of them is exposed and while you do bring a very good point that the NCB position is dragging everything down and definitely a factor, that does not excuse one on ones we have seen through the season. 

Is Desai not to blame too? Of course he is. But due to the FO inability to properly address the secondary through the draft we are also force to scramble for leftovers and old players to contribute and that's how we get here, with players that were good and have a good game there and get toasted the next. 

I don't have to work on anything. You call things "homering" when you can't even put together a coherent thought that doesn't boil down to, "Howie bad". Look inward like I said.

Players being 30 years old does not = bad. I know this is crazy, but that is not how it works. Go actually watch our CB's play the game. Now go and compare them to other teams CB's. You have this notion that because they don't make all the plays all the time they aren't consistent. News flash: that is 95% of defenses in the NFL. There are very few defenses that consistently win on every rep week in and week out. The Niners DB's got absolutely cooked by the Vikings without JJ. The Cowboys DB's got dominated by Geno Smith and DK Metcalf this past Thursday. Defenders get beat. Welcome to NFL football. You hold them to an absolutely impossible standard and then say they aren't consistent. It makes zero sense. If the players are good enough to compete, but they aren't being put in spots to regularly do that.... you point to coaching.

Our DL is way too talented to play at the level they have at times this year as well. Why is the secondary getting all the heat when our DL is the unit that is actually massively underperforming? And whose fault is it that they are underperforming? They are getting a lot of pressure sure, but last season that pressure got home. Why is that not happening now? I mean the Niners OL won the battle up front vs our DL and they aren't even a good unit. Why? Did we just not assemble a good enough DL in the offseason? Is that the issue?

This kind of mirrors my thoughts on the RZ offense and the offense in general. Hurts has not been good enough at times this year, but when our only scheme is praying on Hurts' legs to bail us out or force the defense in to bad spots... these are the results you get. Brian has to do a better job of drawing up the offense to get Hurts some easier throws. Ever play feels like someone needs to dominate their guy to get a win. It is not consistent offense.

22 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

I don't have to work on anything. You call things "homering" when you can't even put together a coherent thought that doesn't boil down to, "Howie bad". Look inward like I said.

Players being 30 years old does not = bad. I know this is crazy, but that is not how it works. Go actually watch our CB's play the game. Now go and compare them to other teams CB's. You have this notion that because they don't make all the plays all the time they aren't consistent. News flash: that is 95% of defenses in the NFL. There are very few defenses that consistently win on every rep week in and week out. The Niners DB's got absolutely cooked by the Vikings without JJ. The Cowboys DB's got dominated by Geno Smith and DK Metcalf this past Thursday. Defenders get beat. Welcome to NFL football. You hold them to an absolutely impossible standard and then say they aren't consistent. It makes zero sense. If the players are good enough to compete, but they aren't being put in spots to regularly do that.... you point to coaching.

Our DL is way too talented to play at the level they have at times this year as well. Why is the secondary getting all the heat when our DL is the unit that is actually massively underperforming? And whose fault is it that they are underperforming? They are getting a lot of pressure sure, but last season that pressure got home. Why is that not happening now? I mean the Niners OL won the battle up front vs our DL and they aren't even a good unit. Why? Did we just not assemble a good enough DL in the offseason? Is that the issue?

So aggressive, don't get why you don't question more low effort posting when is "Howie good". I would say my post are more coherent than most even for a non native English speaker, you only seem to get trigger by criticism to our team or what you perceive to be negative comments, you don't seem to hold the others to the same standard. 

30 does not equal bad automatically but it is considered a wall for a reason and why there was only like 2 or 3 CBs playing meaningful snaps last season, earlier on this thread you even kind of admitted (in your way of course) that Slay is past his prime, but also that is not even debatable at this point. And I agreed that coaching have their share of the blame, also with another coaching staff we have seen Slay's play take a significant dip as the season goes on. This one hasn't been as marked as the second half of 2022, but it is there.

As for your last paragraph I couldn't agree more with you, our DL is underachieving big time and always considered it a bit overrated to be honest. They do deserve blame too, if you want we can criticize them too. Only because we mentioned the secondary doesn't mean the DL is doing good, the play after like week 4 has dropped significantly and it is one of many reasons I don't think the unbalance of resources towards the DL and the neglect of the back 7 in comparison is a good as strategy as many believe. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Broadway Joe said:

So aggressive, don't get why you don't question more low effort posting when is "Howie good". I would say my post are more coherent than most even for a non native English speaker, you only seem to get trigger by criticism to our team or what you perceive to be negative comments, you don't seem to hold the others to the same standard. 

30 does not equal bad automatically but it is considered a wall for a reason and why there was only like 2 or 3 CBs playing meaningful snaps last season, earlier on this thread you even kind of admitted (in your way of course) that Slay is past his prime, but also that is not even debatable at this point. And I agreed that coaching have their share of the blame, also with another coaching staff we have seen Slay's play take a significant dip as the season goes on. This one hasn't been as marked as the second half of 2022, but it is there.

As for your last paragraph I couldn't agree more with you, our DL is underachieving big time and always considered it a bit overrated to be honest. They do deserve blame too, if you want we can criticize them too. Only because we mentioned the secondary doesn't mean the DL is doing good, the play after like week 4 has dropped significantly and it is one of many reasons I don't think the unbalance of resources towards the DL and the neglect of the back 7 in comparison is a good as strategy as many believe. 

So funny how you just go and paint me as a homer and Howie lover when I was calling for him to be fired 3 years ago. I gave up on Jalen Hurts 2 years ago. Wow what a massive homer man. Unlike you I am willing to accept reality and change my feelings when presented with new evidence. Howie has definitely had more than a few misses. He has made plenty of mistakes. That doesn't mean I am going to ignore all available evidence that he has done a ton of good as well. Just look at your post history. There is consistently one person who is always the problem at the end of the day and no one else.

Slay can be past his prime and still be a good CB. This isn't rocket science.

Ah yes. The DL underperforms and that leads you to.... Howie bad. I am shocked. But yes the strategy that has us 10-2 this year and guarantees we will be in the playoffs for the 6th year out of 7 including an SB win is so inherently flawed that I now need to look for every opportunity to bash Howie. It is so transparent what is really going on here.

1 minute ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

So funny how you just go and paint me as a homer and Howie lover when I was calling for him to be fired 3 years ago. I gave up on Jalen Hurts 2 years ago. Wow what a massive homer man. Unlike you I am willing to accept reality and change my feelings when presented with new evidence. Howie has definitely had more than a few misses. He has made plenty of mistakes. That doesn't mean I am going to ignore all available evidence that he has done a ton of good as well. Just look at your post history. There is consistently one person who is always the problem at the end of the day and no one else.

Slay can be past his prime and still be a good CB. This isn't rocket science.

Ah yes. The DL underperforms and that leads you to.... Howie bad. I am shocked. But yes the strategy that has us 10-2 this year and guarantees we will be in the playoffs for the 6th year out of 7 including an SB win is so inherently flawed that I now need to look for every opportunity to bash Howie. It is so transparent what is really going on here.

I did change my stance like you, I wanted him fired, not anymore, didn't think Hurts was going to be good, he is now. But I still call out the things he is bad at and praise the things he is good at. 

Dude I was agreeing with you on your last post. How did you make the Howie bad jump? I agreed with everything you said in your last paragraph and you come up with that. Come on now, take a breath because you are more altered (is that the word in English?) than you need to be. We are 10-2 in spite of our defense, as many of you predicted in the offseason that we would need to outscore everyone, our last three SB teams have had good DLine sure, but also backed with a good back 7, 2 all time great Eagle safeties in 2 of those. Don't get why our team doesn't see that and tries to be more balanced on defense. 

3 hours ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

https://www.espn.com/video/clip/_/id/39037500

You are actually going to say this is on Bradberry. lol.

Anyone who played highschool football knows whose fault this is.

Dude, they are playing man with a single high safety.  Blankenship is playing the slot receiver.  

Slay mirrors Aiyuk, and Ellis mirrors McCaffery.

The problem is Bradberry drove up the field to fast and got pinned outside.

Byard was moving up to cover Kittle, but got walled off by an O lineman as Kittle took out Blankenship, and the slot receiver took out Bradberry

31 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

1. At what point is the reaction to a single loss not “We suck. Fire everyone.”? Can we get there soon? Because, dear lord people…….

I don't think anyone said we suck or called for anyone to be fired.

But the defense has legitimate issues and we are discussing them.

They are 22nd in yards allowed, 24th in points allowed and 32nd in 3rd down defense.

These are problems, and these problems are going to be the difference in the playoffs.

These problems are caused by signing plus 30 corners to extensions, and continued failures at address safety and linebacker in the draft, corner as well.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, EaglesPeteC said:

@Broadway Joe liked Nabbs’ post about the GDT first, so we all take that as a binding contract that it’s on you

I'll take my chances like with Jalen Hurts with my 13-2 record. Won of the 6 gauntlet  games not exactly enthused about @ Dallas but I'll finish the season with a SB Victory.  

If needed. 😎

• Like 1

7 hours ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

This kind of mirrors my thoughts on the RZ offense and the offense in general. Hurts has not been good enough at times this year, but when our only scheme is praying on Hurts' legs to bail us out or force the defense in to bad spots... these are the results you get. Brian has to do a better job of drawing up the offense to get Hurts some easier throws. Ever play feels like someone needs to dominate their guy to get a win. It is not consistent offense.

I mean there are at least 2 occasions off the top of my head that are touchdowns down there if Hurts is decisive with the ball.  There were way too many occasions yesterday where he had open guys and he either didn't throw the ball or he was late.  Now Hurts doesn't play defense, but it's a different game if Hurts even plays remotely well.

4 hours ago, downundermike said:

Dude, they are playing man with a single high safety.  Blankenship is playing the slot receiver.  

Slay mirrors Aiyuk, and Ellis mirrors McCaffery.

The problem is Bradberry drove up the field to fast and got pinned outside.

Byard was moving up to cover Kittle, but got walled off by an O lineman as Kittle took out Blankenship, and the slot receiver took out Bradberry

This play was lost a second in. It is a fantastic play call and our DL run up field and take themselves completely out of the play while the OL is 6v4 down field on our secondary. If the DL plays disciplined football and follows the OL Deebo gets hit for a two or three yard game. Sweat especially played this bad. The guy sees a TE and the LT run right past him and is still looking in the backfield? Terrible fundamentals.

Pinned outside? Bradberry isn't even in this play from the start. It would take a super hero play for him to do anything here.