Week 13: {8-3} SF 49ers @ {10-1} Philadelphia Eagles

Nabbs4u

2 minutes ago, Broadway Joe said:

That's what's best thing for us?

I can think of a lot of things that are better for us. Like not getting whooped, winning, or if we are to get whopped not happen against one of the two biggest threats in the NFC at home. 

Or not needing a whipping to "wake up" would also be better.  

Agreed.  The 9ers talked trash all off season that they would have won in the playoffs last year with a healthy QB, they talked trash for weeks leading up to this game.  Not sure what else the Eagles needed to get up for this game and prove they are the better team.  It is clear they are not.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

The Eagles had 9 count them 9 rush attempts at RB. I don't want to hear about the score becuase it was a 8 pt lead with 3 minutes to go in the 3rd.

We were 1 dimensional. We never attempted to establish the RUN. I understand the 49ers are the #1 rush defense but Swift to have 6 attempts is GD absurd.

What happened to the Quick Slant Passing We did the first 2 drives of the game?  SF has struggled to stop that play all season long! Look Sea, look Rams.

It's like Brian and Hurts got obsessed with only trying to get the Chunk plays.  Why couldn't we get rid of the ball quickly, put the ball in AJ/Smitty/Swifts hands within 2-3 seconds and let them attempt to make a play, get YAC like SF? Purdy wasn't taking shots, he was getting rid of the ball.

I won't bother talking Defense because No One could tackle a wet paper bag. That's why we lost. Been awhile since I've seen a Eagles game where we were that bad at tackling. 

You should want to hear about the score, because even though it was 8 points in the third, it wasn't that close. They were scoring TD literally every single drive. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Agreed.  The 9ers talked trash all off season that they would have won in the playoffs last year with a healthy QB, they talked trash for weeks leading up to this game.  Not sure what else the Eagles needed to get up for this game and prove they are the better team.  It is clear they are not.

As I said in the off-season and during the game:

SF and Dallas got better in the off-season. We got worse. 

2 hours ago, Broadway Joe said:

That's what's best thing for us?

I can think of a lot of things that are better for us. Like not getting whooped, winning, or if we are to get whopped not happen against one of the two biggest threats in the NFC at home. 

Or not needing a whipping to "wake up" would also be better.  

Yep we all thought the exact same thing when 

Miami came to town but won ✔️ 

Dallas came to town but won ✔️ 

We went to KC but won ✔️ 

Buffaloe came to town  but won ✔️ 

So now that SF came in, took us to the woodshed what, we discount the fact we beat everyone of those other SB Contenders? GTFOH with that!

This is what we as Eagles fans always do, go to extremes. Sky is falling, we suck, fire everyone, cry like GD 2 year olds who didn't get the MF bottle or Momma's nipple!

Like the 8-0 start last year we got humbled, we were forced to stop reading the press clippings on how MF great we were, that loss gave that team a taste in thier mouths they never wanted to feel again. A team that never did again with Jalen Hurts at QB until the SB.

I personally think the vast majority in this 2023 lockerroom feel the exact same and are now pissed off at the world/ narrative being tossed out on social media and by fans like you and debbiedownermike that we now Suck, can't hang, automatically lose come playoffs. 

NO WE ARE NOT THE 2022 EAGLES! However this idea some of you all of a sudden have now that this 2023 EAGLES can not beat any GD team in the NFL on any given Sunday that we might face come playoffs is a joke!

We were never Going 17-0, 16-1. Hell most of you for this Gauntlet stretch were 🙏🙏 for 5-2, 4-3 given the 7 Games from Mia to Sea.  But expecting even worse, We're 5-1, possibly 5-2 if we choke vs Dallas this week.

So long as we finish 14-3 beat Seattle the Eagles Win the NFCE (AZ tie breaker) and at minimum are guaranteed the #2 seed. If Healthy I will take my chances come playoffs whether on the Road to SF in a NFCCG or hosting 6 weeks from now if they dont win out themselves Way to much season left to panic after week 13.

Only thing losing to SF did yesterday was put the #1 seed at risk and take away the strangle hold a win would of created had we won. We lost, boo who everyone GTF over it, move on or go grab a pacifier.  

Edited by Nabbs4u

2 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

Yep we all thought the exact same thing when 

Miami came to town but won ✔️ 

Dallas came to town but won ✔️ 

We went to KC but won ✔️ 

Buffaloe came to town  but won ✔️ 

So now that SF came in, took us to the woodshed what, we discount the fact we beat everyone of those other SB Contenders? GTFOH with that!

This is what we as Eagles fans always do, go to extremes. Sky is falling, we suck, fire everyone, cry like GD 2 year olds who didn't get the MF bottle or Momma's nipple!

Like the 8-0 start last year we got humbled, we were forced to stop reading the press clippings on how MF great we were, that loss gave that team a taste in thier mouths they never wanted to feel again. A team that never did again with Jalen Hurts at QB until the SB.

I personally think the vast majority in this 2023 lockerroom feel the exact same and are now pissed off at the world/ narrative being tossed out on social media and by fans like you and debbiedownermike that we now Suck, can't hang, automatically lose come playoffs. 

NO WE ARE NOT THE 2022 EAGLES! However this idea some of you all of a sudden have now that this 2023 EAGLES can not beat any GD team in the NFL on any given Sunday that we might face come playoffs is a joke!

We were never Going 17-0, 16-1. Hell most of you for this Gauntlet stretch were 🙏🙏 for 5-2, 4-3 given the 7 Games from Mia to Sea.  But expecting even worse, We're 5-1, possibly 5-2 if we choke vs Dallas this weekk.

So long as we finish 14-3 beat Seattle the Eagles Win the NFCE (AZ tie breaker) and at minimum are guaranteed the #2 seed. If Healthy I will take my chances come playoffs whether on the Road to SF in a NFCCG or hosting 6 weeks from now if they dont win out themselves Way to much season left to panic after week 13.

Only thing losing to SF did yesterday was put the #1 seed at risk and take away the strangle hold a win would of created had we won. We lost, boo who everyone GTF over it, move on or go grab a pacifier.  

I don't disagree with any of that but doesn't address my post of how it is not "the best thing to happen to us". 

Turning the whooping we got into somehow a positive for us is some serious NoFlyZoneing. 

All those wins are very good and admirable, no one is taking them away from us, but that doesn't make the humiliation we got at our home somehow a good thing. 

15 minutes ago, Broadway Joe said:

I don't disagree with any of that but doesn't address my post of how it is not "the best thing to happen to us". 

Turning the whooping we got into somehow a positive for us is some serious NoFlyZoneing. 

All those wins are very good and admirable, no one is taking them away from us, but that doesn't make the humiliation we got at our home somehow a good thing. 

Let me clarify something.  A LOSS is NEVER a good thing! However it can be used as motivation moving forward. Something we clearly and emphatically saw on display yesterday vs the 49ers.

Something the Eagles now have in thier bellies and on thier minds IF WE FACE AGAIN!

Instead of Sirianni showing Press clippings of trash talk all he does now is force this team to rewatch the Week 12 matchup where they as a team were embarrassed on National TV!

There is ZERO chance come playoffs these players could now be overconfident which would of occurred had we won. 

Losing now this way <--- It occurring in the Playoffs 

Time will tell if it ends up being both?

Edited by Nabbs4u

27 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

This is what we as Eagles fans always do, go to extremes. Sky is falling, we suck,

But these are things we knew before yesterday.

Going into the game, they were 19th in yards allowed and 22nd in points allowed.

They are 32nd, last in the NFL in 3rd down defense.

The offense has been able to rally and win close games, but these are not new issues.