Week 13: {8-3} SF 49ers @ {10-1} Philadelphia Eagles

Nabbs4u

16 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Explain why this vaunted defense gave up 40+ points today if they are so good, to Brock Purdy, who people in this forum dunk on.

Vaunted defense? So good? 

This is literally the twitter level takes I am talking about lol. People say Slay sucks. I say no he doesn't. "WELL THEN HOW DID WE GET KILLED TODAY????"

Just nonsensical stuff really. No analysis. Just pure emotion or narrative building. 

3 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

This is literally the twitter level takes I am talking about lol. People say Slay sucks. I say no he doesn't. "WELL THEN HOW DID WE GET KILLED TODAY????"

Just nonsensical stuff really. No analysis. Just pure emotion or narrative building. 

Explain why the defense gave up 462 yards and 6 consecutive TD's over three quarters if not for the poor play of the LB'ers and secondary.

26 minutes ago, Broadway Joe said:

Slay is not bad, and Blakenkship is solid and still the original point remains:

1 UDFA, 4 players over 30, one second year UDFA are all taking significant snaps in the secondary and it is a problem in roster construction. Because even though we lost our slot CB, the rest of the secondary is still old and with not much talent. And if you track it down, it goes beyond everyone on the team, thus the guy up top and the one who can override anyone. If Byard, Slay, Bradberry and co. be playing good, wouldn't you be praising Howie for bringing them? 

Slay, Bradberry, and Blankenship are good players. Did they all play their best ball today? Obviously not. Were they always put into the best spots today? Definitely not.  Ellis was abysmal. He is a disaster and he made others around him look worse. It isn't his fault, but it is just a fact. Morrow was put in conflict a ton today and he got abused by two great players in CMC and Kittle. Then he missed the tackle on Deebo. Ricks just shouldn't be on the field. I know they like him, but Roby is clearly better even if he is only average at best. Slay got beat a few times by a really good WR in Aiyuk. Does he need to do more to earn his paycheck? Absolutely, but he was competitive today and it is hard to guard a guy like that. I don't think Bradberry even played poorly today at all unless something happened on the last TD when I stopped watching.

Howie did a good job building this roster. The proof is in the pudding. We are 10-2 and right in the thick of the NFC race. Are we better than the Niners? No... that is pretty clear we are not. Does that mean that this secondary is just trash? No. Could we have made a few better moves this offseason to strengthen spots? I mean we definitely should have done something at NCB because Maddox has shown he is never available. That has killed us this year for sure. Do I think bringing Bradberry and Slay back was a huge mistake? Of course not. You want to see what bad CB's look like? Let those two go and see what happens. Playing DB in the NFL is super hard, especially vs a team that is that good. They got beat today.... it is what it is.

Everyone takes blame in every loss. The Eagles were completely out coached today on both sides of the ball. The offensive identity is just so terrible. Our run game is completely dependent on Hurts being able to run which we have shown we aren't willing to do. So now we can't even run the ball like we used to. Our passing game is absurdly generic in scheme. Brian is decent at setting looks up, but when every play is a curl, a post, and a go it becomes really simple to cover for opposing defenses. Hurts needs to be better for sure, but look how well coached the Niners offense is and compare that to ours. It is night and day. We miss Steichen badly. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

... who is saying other wise? I am really, really confused.

This defense is not good, Slay is not good, Bradberry isn't much better.  The numbers speak for themselves.

There is no depth, that is why Ricks is having to play so much.  Howie has not drafted a decent player in the secondary since Jalen Mills.  His roster construction is not good, and he still leaves a lot to be desired when it comes to the draft.

Did Jordan Davis, Jalen Carter, Nolan Smith, Kelee Ringo have any impact on the game today?

He had to trade for Byard due to multiple failed free agent signings at safety.

And it will get worse next year when Graham, Kelce and Cox are gone.

12 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Before this game the Eagles defense was 19th in yards allowed and 22nd in points allowed.

Edited by downundermike
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, downundermike said:

This defense is not good, Slay is not good, Bradberry isn't much better.  The numbers speak for themselves.

There is no depth, that is why Ricks is having to play so much.  Howie has not drafted a decent player in the secondary since Jalen Mills.  His roster construction is not good, and he still leaves a lot to be desired when it comes to the draft.

Did Jordan Davis, Jalen Carter, Nolan Smith, Kelee Ringo have any impact on the game today?

He had to trade for Byard due to multiple failed free agent signings at safety.

And it will get worse next year when Graham, Kelce and Cox are gone.

Yeah. We lost to the best team in the NFL so everyone just sucks and there is no hope and it is all because Howie sucks.

Thank you for the top tier analysis that was super insightful.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

You keep saying this, but I’ve never seen you give analysis yourself or question the same reactionary takes but that have a positive take or disregard them in the same way you do with negative ones.