Week 13: {8-3} SF 49ers @ {10-1} Philadelphia Eagles

Nabbs4u

31 minutes ago, downundermike said:

But these are things we knew before yesterday.

Going into the game, they were 19th in yards allowed and 22nd in points allowed.

They are 32nd, last in the NFL in 3rd down defense.

The offense has been able to rally and win close games, but these are not new issues.

And yet we are somehow 10-2.

The NFL is littered with teams who get hot in the playoffs,  specifically on defense that either won or made the SB. Most recently off the top of my head  Chiefs, Giants Saints, Cards, Colts.

Last year we had a Top 5 Offense and Top 5 Defense and lost! 🤷‍♂️

It's not ideal but not insurmountable. 

Edited by Nabbs4u

3 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

It's almost like Nakobe Dean and Zach Cunningham not being on the field hurt us? Go figure. 🤷‍♂️

Hopefully Cunningham gets back and or Shaq is signed to the roster.  YES WE SUCK at LB!

No, we're clearly missing Shaun Bradley. He would have won the game for us had he played.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

Let me clarify something.  A LOSS is NEVER a good thing! However it can be used as motivation moving forward. Something we clearly and emphatically saw on display yesterday vs the 49ers.

Something the Eagles now have in thier bellies and on thier minds IF WE FACE AGAIN!

Instead of Sirianni showing Press clippings of trash talk all he does now is force this team to rewatch the Week 12 matchup where they as a team were embarrassed on National TV!

There is ZERO chance come playoffs these players could now be overconfident which would of occurred had we won. 

Losing now this way <--- It occurring in the Playoffs 

Time will tell if it ends up being both?

This I can agree with, but it’s a different thing as to calling it the best thing that could happen to us.

the best would be to us blowing out the other team and go from there.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, EaglesPeteC said:

The best part about this game, is that there is national discourse around Big Dom 😂

It’s weird how many Eagles fans apparently don’t know who he is, like I know we’re a bunch of sickos but he’s been a fairly well documented member of the staff for awhile. Especially the last bunch of years.

• Like 1

Now this is just by PFF so who knows if it is 100% accurate or not

Brock Purdy’s 314 Passing Yards and 4 TD’s broken down by Coverage Assignment:

• Morrow: 175 (2 TDs)
• Ricks: 44 (1 TD)
• Eliss: 33
• Slay: 32
• Roby: 15
• Reddick: 9
• Byard: 4
• Blankenship: 2 (1 TD)

#Eagles

(via PFF)

Gameplan seemed to be, “find Morrow and throw at him”

• Like 1

20 hours ago, downundermike said:

You said this several times today, but keep complaining when I say Slay is not good.

Ricks completion percentage against 56.3, QB rating against 80.2

Slay completion percentage against 63.4, QB rating against 82.8

So the rookie sucks, but the veteran playing worse doesn't?

Oh wow. Bulk stats with absolutely zero context to try and prove a point? Interesting! This is meaningless unless you are actually trying to claim that Ricks is better than Slay in which case we can all just laugh at this and ignore.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Now this is just by PFF so who knows if it is 100% accurate or not

Brock Purdy’s 314 Passing Yards and 4 TD’s broken down by Coverage Assignment:

• Morrow: 175 (2 TDs)
• Ricks: 44 (1 TD)
• Eliss: 33
• Slay: 32
• Roby: 15
• Reddick: 9
• Byard: 4
• Blankenship: 2 (1 TD)

#Eagles

(via PFF)

Gameplan seemed to be, “find Morrow and throw at him”

This passes the eye test. Pretty sure Slay gave up three catches to Aiyuk. Don't think Bradberry gave up a single reception. So much for our secondary being so bad.... on to the next narrative I suppose.

Morrow was abysmal yesterday, but the Niners are easily the best team in the league at working the middle of the field which just happens to be our weakness. Hopefully we can lick our wounds and get better. Maybe Leonard/Cunningham can be a more potent combo. Time will tell.

4 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

This passes the eye test. Pretty sure Slay gave up three catches to Aiyuk. Don't think Bradberry gave up a single reception. So much for our secondary being so bad.... on to the next narrative I suppose.

Morrow was abysmal yesterday, but the Niners are easily the best team in the league at working the middle of the field which just happens to be our weakness. Hopefully we can lick our wounds and get better. Maybe Leonard/Cunningham can be a more potent combo. Time will tell.

I wonder who they attribute those swing passes in the backfield to? Those were absolutely distorting yesterday.

We already were weak at LB. Then the 2 least sucky LB’s were both out. It was a baaaaad combination. They clearly need better answers if we meet again.

but first things first, beat Dallas 

4 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

You seriously don't believe our secondary is bad or "so bad"?

If what you mean is that our LBs are worse then I wholeheartedly agree. 

But if you don't believe they're bad. Where does that leave both Washington games, Buffalo, Cowboys, pretty much every 3rd and long?