Week 13: {8-3} SF 49ers @ {10-1} Philadelphia Eagles

Nabbs4u

I knew we were going to drop one of the last 2 key games, either 49ers or Cowboys and we did. That schedule is so rough, with teams coming off mini byes, I will happily go 5-1. But we have to win in Dallas now, no if about it. 

We got punched in the mouth, and now we have to respond. I think this team needed a wake up call, and it definitely got one. 

But if we would have scored TDs in the first two drive instead of FGs, it would have been another story. 

Edited by Eagles $5$

5 hours ago, downundermike said:

Yes, he has.  It really is OK to acknowledge bad play by Eagles players.  

I mean, are we down 42-19 because they are playing well ??

This made me laugh. The reality check wasnt to the Eagles, it was to some of the fans. Some of us have seen the problems this offseason and throughout the year and knew it was only a matter of time.

Alright Gents almost made it through the Gauntlet without an L. 5-1, after that 8-0 start last year before the WTF debacle puts me at 13-2  for our GDT.

If you want me to try Dallas , I will or someone else (Pete last year) can take the reigns try their luck. Let me know.

PS : We end up 13-4 or worse record wise with others, I'm taking over our Playoff GDT for the run. Win streak be damned. 😎🍺

Edited by Nabbs4u

Jalen Hurts better play a lot better in Dallas or they are about to get whooped again.  Yes the defense was absolutely atrocious on Sunday, but the offense honestly wasn't much better and that starts with Hurts.  Too be fair the 49ers did a pretty good job in coverage, certainly better than the Eagles(lowest of low bars to clear), but Hurts had ALL DAMN DAY in the pocket and guys were open...Hurts just couldn't find them.  His pre-snap and post-snap recognition in this one were awful.  This is on the coaches too.  The game plan wasn't great and with Hurts struggling they did a poor job of making adjustments.

The Eagles had 9 count them 9 rush attempts at RB. I don't want to hear about the score becuase it was a 8 pt lead with 3 minutes to go in the 3rd.

We were 1 dimensional. We never attempted to establish the RUN. I understand the 49ers are the #1 rush defense but Swift to have 6 attempts is GD absurd.

What happened to the Quick Slant Passing We did the first 2 drives of the game?  SF has struggled to stop that play all season long! Look Sea, look Rams.

It's like Brian and Hurts got obsessed with only trying to get the Chunk plays.  Why couldn't we get rid of the ball quickly, put the ball in AJ/Smitty/Swifts hands within 2-3 seconds and let them attempt to make a play, get YAC like SF? Purdy wasn't taking shots, he was getting rid of the ball.

I won't bother talking Defense because No One could tackle a wet paper bag. That's why we lost. Been awhile since I've seen a Eagles game where we were that bad at tackling. 

Edited by Nabbs4u

Side note.

While the 49ers are a way better team then the WTF were last year I look at this *** Whoopin much like that wk 9 loss in Washington.

Whether this team responds in similar fashion remains to be seen. Now that the media has completely turned on them let's see how players react?

3 games in 13 days, 1 of those gms went 5 QT's, team looked tired. Let's be real.

1 hour ago, Nabbs4u said:

Side note.

While the 49ers are a way better team then the WTF were last year I look at this *** Whoopin much like that wk 9 loss in Washington.

Whether this team responds in similar fashion remains to be seen. Now that the media has completely turned on them let's see how players react?

3 games in 13 days, 1 of those gms went 5 QT's, team looked tired. Let's be real.

They were 19th in yards and 22nd in points allowed going into yesterdays game.

You have to come to grips with the fact that the defense just isn't very good.

The Eagles had 9 count them 9 rush attempts at RB. I don't want to hear about the score becuase it was a 8 pt lead with 3 minutes to go in the 3rd.

We were 1 dimensional. We never attempted to establish the RUN. I understand the 49ers are the #1 rush defense but Swift to have 6 attempts is GD absurd.

What happened to the Quick Slant Passing We did the first 2 drives of the game?  SF has struggled to stop that play all season long! Look Sea, look Rams.

It's like Brian and Hurts got obsessed with only trying to get the Chunk plays.  Why couldn't we get rid of the ball quickly, put the ball in AJ/Smitty/Swifts hands within 2-3 seconds and let them attempt to make a play, get YAC like SF? Purdy wasn't taking shots, he was getting rid of the ball.

I won't bother talking Defense because No One could tackle a wet paper bag. That's why we lost. Been awhile since I've seen an Eagles game where we were that bad at tackling. 

Eagles clearly don’t view Swift as an every down back and I agree with that. Not sure he has the physicality to consistently get 15+ carries and the lack of a downhill physical back is showing. Need to get Kenny or Boston a little more involved but the lack of ability to run on early downs will kill this team. Have to be able to do that and the lack of running threat Hurts has shown this season is CLEAR when it comes to our lack of running game 

12 minutes ago, Wentz you dog you said:

Have to be able to do that and the lack of running threat Hurts has shown this season is CLEAR when it comes to our lack of running game 

If we have the best O line in the NFL, Hurts rushing ability is irrelevant.  We should be able to win blocks and open holes regardless of the QB.

Miami averages 5.3 yards per carry, 1st in the NFL, and Tua is no threat to run.

Detroit averages 4.6 yards per carry, 4th in the NFL, and Goff is no threat to run.

We are not trading any of our offensive lineman for any of theirs.

This notion that you need your QB to be able to run for your run game to work is absolutely absurd.

I won't bother talking Defense because No One could tackle a wet paper bag. That's why we lost. Been awhile since I've seen a Eagles game where we were that bad at tackling. 

Not saying you guys should not have run the ball more but the 8 point lead is misleading since it was never closer than 15 points when the offense touched the ball. Hurts is not completely healthy so that impacts the run game since he's not a major threat to run it on the read options. Swift was getting bottled up but didn't get many opportunities. Just the pressure of the Niners offense continuing to score is what ended up determining the Eagles offensive game plan. 

12 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

While losing is never ideal and winning this game would of put a strangle hold on the #1 seed, put us in the playoffs this *** Whoppin is probably the best thing for us. 

Wake up call. It's the regular season, not playoffs.  

Had I told any of you we would of gone 5-1 vs Mia, Was,Dal,KC,Buff,SF every single one of you would of happily taken that record. 

Key now if to recreate that or better the next 5 games down the stretch.

That's what's best thing for us?

I can think of a lot of things that are better for us. Like not getting whooped, winning, or if we are to get whopped not happen against one of the two biggest threats in the NFC at home. 

Or not needing a whipping to "wake up" would also be better.  

• Like 1