Week 13: {8-3} SF 49ers @ {10-1} Philadelphia Eagles

Nabbs4u

15 minutes ago, Broadway Joe said:

So the secondary hasn't been a problem for ages? Haven't we had to patchwork every off season? Before Sirianni, Before Doug.

Who is to blame then?

@AZ_Eaglesfan can you humor me and answer me this?

I have been saying very valid criticism and examples on why this is a Howie issue but you only dismiss my replies and give no arguments of your own as to why it isn't and who is actually to blame. 

Just now, Broadway Joe said:

@AZ_Eaglesfan can you humor me and answer me this?

I have been saying very valid criticism and examples on why this is a Howie issue but you only dismiss my replies and give no arguments of your own as to why it isn't and who is actually to blame. 

I never once commented on Howie building a roster. I never once commented on the past. I only ever commented on the statement that our current secondary is trash and how that is all Howie’s fault. If you can’t follow along with that simple of a conversation that is not my issue. 

1 minute ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

I never once commented on Howie building a roster. I never once commented on the past. I only ever commented on the statement that our current secondary is trash and how that is all Howie’s fault. If you can’t follow along with that simple of a conversation that is not my issue. 

But who is at fault for our secondary then? The problem with it predates everyone on the team.

Just now, Broadway Joe said:

But who is at fault for our secondary then? The problem with it predates everyone on the team.

The problem is you and others think Slay, Bradberry, and Blankenship are bad players. It’s not based on any football analysis. It is based on either the desire to dunk on Howie or a lack of knowledge. Either way it still isn’t true. 

2 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

The problem is you and others think Slay, Bradberry, and Blankenship are bad players. It’s not based on any football analysis. It is based on either the desire to dunk on Howie or a lack of knowledge. Either way it still isn’t true. 

Slay is not bad, and Blakenkship is solid and still the original point remains:

1 UDFA, 4 players over 30, one second year UDFA are all taking significant snaps in the secondary and it is a problem in roster construction. Because even though we lost our slot CB, the rest of the secondary is still old and with not much talent. And if you track it down, it goes beyond everyone on the team, thus the guy up top and the one who can override anyone. If Byard, Slay, Bradberry and co. be playing good, wouldn't you be praising Howie for bringing them? 

13 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

Explain why this vaunted defense gave up 40+ points today if they are so good, to Brock Purdy, who people in this forum dunk on.

• Like 1

I’m down bad. Defense obviously sucked but man the O certainly wasn’t much better. Hurts just didn’t look good, all things considered. He’s been looking like that a lot lately, just hard to be critical when he leads us to victory like he did… until today. 

We need a strong in between the tackles runner. Besides fortifying the OL, that’s my 2nd biggest ask on offense this offseason. Swift up the middle is just 2 yards every time.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

I’m down bad. Defense obviously sucked but man the O certainly wasn’t much better. Hurts just didn’t look good, all things considered. He’s been looking like that a lot lately, just hard to be critical when he leads us to victory like he did… until today. 

We need a strong in between the tackles runner. Besides fortifying the OL, that’s my 2nd biggest ask on offense this offseason. Swift up the middle is just 2 yards every time.

We do need to do both of those things, but hopefully we prioritize the more glaring issues on defense. But I'm fearing we will go DL first again.