Surprise cuts

49erurtaza

3 minutes ago, EliteTexan80 said:

I think next season is $7mm with no dead money. Ideally it's one more season of Cush, but no promises after this upcoming season.

Oh yeah it wouldn't surprise me after this year. 

At best they sign him for a hometown discount. Chances are he gets a short term pay day somewhere else and fades away. 

1 minute ago, texans_uk said:

Oh yeah it wouldn't surprise me after this year. 

At best they sign him for a hometown discount. Chances are he gets a short term pay day somewhere else and fades away. 

Given Cush's history with knee injuries, any hometown discount might be the only market for him. Doubtful someone would give him a long term deal with bonus money. He's probably playing out the remainder of his career on one years deals. 

He could try to chase a ring with NE as a reserve next season - but I doubt NE has a need for him with their current LB unit.

2 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

Fun fact JJ Watt is the only Texan under contract through 2021

Hope that back is healed up. He's gonna have to do more than rush the passer and swat away a few passes in 2021...

On 7/26/2017 at 2:11 PM, Hockey5djh said:

Annnnnnd as i posted that Allen Barbre just got cut by the Eagles. somewhat of a shocker considering he was our starting LG last season and has the versatility to be able to play both Guard and Tackle. Would be a great depth signing for a team or a solid spot starter in a pinch.

He didnt get cut they traded him to Denver for a 2038 7th round pick. They are saying he is probably going to be their starting LG this year. From what you were saying about him is it safe to say he is actually a solid starter? I heard a lot of Broncos beat reporters and analytics junkies I follow on Twitter saying that is a steal for this guy as he is extremely underrated.

On 8/1/2017 at 6:54 PM, AkronsWitness said:
On 7/26/2017 at 2:11 PM, Hockey5djh said:

Annnnnnd as i posted that Allen Barbre just got cut by the Eagles. somewhat of a shocker considering he was our starting LG last season and has the versatility to be able to play both Guard and Tackle. Would be a great depth signing for a team or a solid spot starter in a pinch.

He didnt get cut they traded him to Denver for a 2038 7th round pick. They are saying he is probably going to be their starting LG this year. From what you were saying about him is it safe to say he is actually a solid starter? I heard a lot of Broncos beat reporters and analytics junkies I follow on Twitter saying that is a steal for this guy as he is extremely underrated.

Yea, I corrected it in the main thread but not here. They had a press conference and announced he was released before the trade (even put it on social media). Denver just swooped in before they submitted the actual transaction with the league and traded a conditional pick for him.

Yea, you guys got a pretty darn solid guard and potential tackle if you're in a pinch for a few games. That said he's 33 so I doubt he's useful for more than a year or two.

2 hours ago, Hockey5djh said:

On 8/1/2017 at 11:56 AM, Deadpulse said:

Fun fact JJ Watt is the only Texan under contract through 2021

This doesn't shock me, very few teams have more than a handful of 5+ year contracts

Packers only guy under contract through 2021 is Nick Perry. Long term contract just aren't as common as they once were. Players want to hit the market as many times as possible to get that big payday. Who can blame them either. 

3 hours ago, 49erurtaza said:

49ers are cutting WR Bruce Ellington today, he has a ton of talent but can't stay on the field. I can see the chargers or Seahawks picking him up.

His name came up a few times after the Will Fuller injury. Doubtful the Texans would go this direction (will probably bring back Cecil Shorts III due to his knowledge of the system) but would be a nice addition.

45 minutes ago, EliteTexan80 said:

His name came up a few times after the Will Fuller injury. Doubtful the Texans would go this direction (will probably bring back Cecil Shorts III due to his knowledge of the system) but would be a nice addition.

Yeah, he's basically going to be a much lesser version of Braxton anyway, with the latter having gobs more potential. 

Is Cecil ready to go? If I remember right, that injury last year was pretty heinous - personally thought it was career ending. 

CB Jude Adjei-Barimah. He was our starting slot CB last season. But Javien Elliot and Robert McClain have both been ballin' out during camp. We don't need three slot CBs, especially since VHIII can play the slot in a pinch. JAB might be the odd many out.

18 minutes ago, Forge said:

Is Cecil ready to go? If I remember right, that injury last year was pretty heinous - personally thought it was career ending. 

Had no idea he got hurt to begin with, to be honest. Heard he had his 3rd surgery on his knee, never a good sign.

1 minute ago, EliteTexan80 said:

Had no idea he got hurt to begin with, to be honest. Heard he had his 3rd surgery on his knee, never a good sign.

Yeah, it was brutal. Dislocated knee cap, torn acl, mcl, pcl. 

Archived