Week 14 GDT: Raiders (5-7) vs Vikings (6-6)

Jerry

Who wins?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Raiders or Vikings?

• Raiders
    • Vikings

1 minute ago, ronjon1990 said:

Effing embarrassing. 

Shut out on what's supposed to be our home turf that just acts as a home away from home for opponents against a team playing their reserve QBs and a skeletal OL. 

Thank Josh, Dave, and the rest of the Way crowd morons. Some of us said Josh destroys franchises long after he's gone. We just got totally cucked. 

True. Also Gruden bad high pick drafting and trading good young players didn’t help. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Raiderlife24 said:

I know we need to lose but I also root for us to win every game. But this was an embarrassment and we just got off a bye. He more concerned with his guys getting days off then getting them ready but o week 4 more games with him. 

Agreed. I root for the team during the game but mock drafts help me cope.

Just shows you need a coach that can do both. You can’t just be a players coach. Difficult spot for AP wish him the best of luck. 

• Like 1

Will say this; as important as QB is, I wouldn't mind building around Maxx. 

Browns are winning with 4 different QB's. The Eagles, Cowboys and 49'ers defenses made Hurts, Dak's and Purdy's transition easier when they began. An elite defense WILL get you wins and allows you try 2nd/3rd round guys on cheap deals. 

• Like 3

Just now, bucksavage1 said:

You see why the Broncos sent all those 1st round picks for Wilson and Payton. This is a tough league to win in

yea broncos are in way better position of a franchise than we are. We don't have a qb or coach. Horrible drafting over the years. It probably won't get better anytime soon unless we hit the lotto with a franchise qb in this draft

• Like 2

Just now, Dodo said:

Will say this; as important as QB is, I wouldn't mind building around Maxx. 

Browns are winning with 4 different QB's. The Eagles, Cowboys and 49'ers defenses made Hurts, Dak's and Purdy's transition easier when they began. An elite defense WILL get you wins and allows you try 2nd/3rd round guys on cheap deals. 

What you think about Schwartz as HC. He has experience and he always has good defenses. He been around for while so can probably fine a good OC

8 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

Spillane has been excellent, Hobbs has been good as has Epps and Moehrig. I personally like Amik as a CB4 who can fill in and Hall has done well in the slot. Koonce is a rotation edge guy who can stick around and Crosby should be DPoTY. Wilson is still very much a work in progress. We need to add a disruptive DT and a good CB and we’re in business in my humble opinion. Can’t have a team full of stars these days with the salary cap but we’ve got a capable unit that we need to sprinkle with some more talent.

The guys you are mentioning are castoffs and average starters at best.  They are depth pieces on most quality teams.  It's sad that fans are trying to prop up average players into more than what reality indicates but that has been the state of this franchise for the last 25 years...

2 minutes ago, Cutler06 said:

Must've been one exciting snooze-fest there

For me it was like going slowly past a car crash and you don’t want to look but morbid curiosity gets the better of you, couldn’t take my eyes off the ineptitude 😁

• Like 1

Just now, Frankie2Gunz said:

The guys you are mentioning are castoffs and average starters at best.  They are depth pieces on most quality teams.  It's sad that fans are trying to prop up average players into more than what reality indicates but that has been the state of this franchise for the last 25 years...

Spillane has actually been solid this year. No reason to throw him away he’s a positive to the team. He ain’t a stud but he’s a more than serviceable backer. 

1 minute ago, Raiderlife24 said:

What you think about Schwartz as HC. He has experience and he always has good defenses. He been around for while so can probably fine a good OC

He's earned a shot somewhere, but I think he's one of those whose better as a coordinator than a coach. I'd rather give someone like Lou Anarumo a shot. He knows how to gameplan against Mahomes

1 minute ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

No, sorry, disagree. You can play it down all you like, but Spillane has been excellent this year - Pro Bowl quality, Crosby has literally been the best defensive player in the league and a few others have been good as stated in my previous post. We have guys to build around. It’s not about having a team of stars, it’s about having limited weaknesses and coaching allowing the team to be greater than the sum of its parts. We add a quality DT and CB and we’ll be in business.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

We need to add to the defense not blow it up. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Tank4Drake said:

He’s not a qualified HC regardless. Just like Rich wasn’t. Rich would have regressed mightily the next year and we wasted a year. 

See, I don’t know about that Rich wasn’t an X &O  guy he let the  OC and the DC take care of everything. His job is to manage the team.

• Like 1