Week 14 Games

Leader

1 minute ago, Old Guy said:

Their defense is so slow in the back end. They can be exposed so easily. Not only that but they are not good at rushing the passer. Hutchinson has 1 sack in the last 7 games. That is pathetic. I'm curious how high his ceiling actually is. 

I don't think Hutch was ever a guy who was going to lead the league in sacks, but he'll play 80%+ of the defensive snaps and hit double-digit sacks consistently.

2 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

Their defense is so slow in the back end. They can be exposed so easily. Not only that but they are not good at rushing the passer. Hutchinson has 1 sack in the last 7 games. That is pathetic. I'm curious how high his ceiling actually is. 

If I believed in their corners, they'd actually be a good defense.  But I don't.  Their safeties are legit, but their corners need upgrade badly.

2 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

If I believed in their corners, they'd actually be a good defense.  But I don't.  Their safeties are legit, but their corners need upgrade badly.

Their safeties suck! Branch plays near the LOS as a slot CB in passing situations. Kerby Joseph is meh. Branch has a true safety is easy to expose because he's slow. 

11 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

I don't think Hutch was ever a guy who was going to lead the league in sacks, but he'll play 80%+ of the defensive snaps and hit double-digit sacks consistently.

He's got 4.5 3.5 to go this year to reach 10. Fields walked right into his arms. 

Thibodeaux has 11 sacks this year already. Teams twisted themselves in knots to not like that kid. 

Edited by Old Guy

1 minute ago, Old Guy said:

Their safeties suck! Branch plays near the LOS as a slot CB in passing situations. Kerby Joseph is meh. Branch as a true safety is easy to expose because he's slow. 

..............but the reason he was taken early round 2 (pick 45) is that he has a step in the head - very good reading the defense and will be getting better as he adjusts to NFL play.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, squire12 said:

Flacco is slinging it.  How NYJ didn’t sign him when rodgers went down is hilarious 

I think that they think Wilson was salvageable, but Rodgers would put them over the top for a year or two shot.  Much like the Broncos, they probably overestimated their own in house talent. Who knows how much better the Jets would be if Rodgers didn't get injured, we never got to see that team, but they are really floundering right now.  I also kind of wonder if Tim Boyle didn't do a lot of good work with Jordan Love.  They couldn't get Clements, we have him.  But they get Boyle in to help Wilson develop and as a player that both Hackett and Rodgers are comfortable working with on the sidelines?  

• Like 1