GDT: Titans (4-8) at Dolphins (9-3) - Monday Night Miracle?

twotonebluenation

He's under contract for next year as is, so you can certainly say don't need to do it, but I seriously consider extending Hopkins already if I'm Ran. Add an extra 2 years on the deal, pay him #1 WR money.

We have an abundance of cap space the next few years, and this is the kind of signing like we'd done in the past with guys like Casey and Byard to show the kind of culture and mindset we want here.

Hopkins never complains, always gives 100%, and is still one of the better WRs in all of football for it. Make an example of that being what we want from players as we introduce new and or young players to this roster/offense next year.

15 minutes ago, TitanLegend said:

He's under contract for next year as is, so you can certainly say don't need to do it, but I seriously consider extending Hopkins already if I'm Ran. Add an extra 2 years on the deal, pay him #1 WR money.

We have an abundance of cap space the next few years, and this is the kind of signing like we'd done in the past with guys like Casey and Byard to show the kind of culture and mindset we want here.

Hopkins never complains, always gives 100%, and is still one of the better WRs in all of football for it. Make an example of that being what we want from players as we introduce new and or young players to this roster/offense next year.

No, no, no. We have an abundance of cap space he’s not in his prime he’s only going to get older & decline why give him WR 1 money, when he can fall off a cliff anytime. Just play it yr to yr. Or give him a 2 yr extension with incentives. 

1 hour ago, TitanRedd said:

No, no, no. We have an abundance of cap space he’s not in his prime he’s only going to get older & decline why give him WR 1 money, when he can fall off a cliff anytime. Just play it yr to yr. Or give him a 2 yr extension with incentives. 

As I said in my post you can certainly just let it ride contract wise.

But what I will disagree with here, and as an overall sentiment(one I used to believe/agree with as well), is that he's "not n his prime". While he may not be quite as fast as he used to be, he still manages to get open on a consistent basis despite being the only wide receiver on the team any defense ever has to worry about. He's on pace to finish with 1,174 yards and 8 touchdowns playing in the worst setting perhaps any top receiver can, with the defensive attention and us letting Henry just run it in every time we get near the goal line. He's doing that despite constantly getting the opposing team's best corner and heavy amounts of attention.

The downturn of DeAndre's abilities has clearly been greatly exaggerated, and I have no doubt teams like Baltimore and Kansas City are absolutely hating themselves right now for believing it.

1 hour ago, TitanLegend said:

He's on pace to finish with 1,174 yards and 8 touchdowns playing in the worst setting perhaps any top receiver can

Which is especially impressive when you realize that he went over 100 yards exactly once before the bye and Levis' first start, with 0 TDs as well!

Edited by Titansfan_13
Wording

3 hours ago, TitanLegend said:

As I said in my post you can certainly just let it ride contract wise.

But what I will disagree with here, and as an overall sentiment(one I used to believe/agree with as well), is that he's "not n his prime". While he may not be quite as fast as he used to be, he still manages to get open on a consistent basis despite being the only wide receiver on the team any defense ever has to worry about. He's on pace to finish with 1,174 yards and 8 touchdowns playing in the worst setting perhaps any top receiver can, with the defensive attention and us letting Henry just run it in every time we get near the goal line. He's doing that despite constantly getting the opposing team's best corner and heavy amounts of attention.

The downturn of DeAndre's abilities has clearly been greatly exaggerated, and I have no doubt teams like Baltimore and Kansas City are absolutely hating themselves right now for believing it.

He’s not in his prime he’s still good but he can decline & fall off a cliff like we’ve seen all great WR’s in 1 -2 yrs. Though I love to see him move permanently to the slot I think he’ll kill as a slot WR

• Like 1

Not gonna lie. When the king fumbled I went to bed cause  I couldnt deal with my friend who was a phins fan and had to be up early.. AND honestly I didnt see a path. BUT wow

Yes this messes up a draft pick but hot damn does this do something for Will and the team goes to seeing him as the guy not just the guy cause he replaced the guy thats been costing them for years lol but srs

Really happy for him and Mike and this looked like a Vrabel team at the end. Smooth 2min drives. Tough tackles and SACKS!

Also Im glad I was wrong about the phins tonight but Hill going down early changed EVERYTHING. They have so many plays for him and for him to get other people without him also cant stack the box. Take him away and well you can stop them. 

Just a wild game. Like it always is when its titans vs phins! Now lets beat Houston on my birthday in the throwbacks and Im good for the year LOL

Still pumped about the win.

If you thought we were going to win after that 2nd fumble TD, you are the GOAT of optimistic fans. lol

I've never seen a Titan victory like that. 

The line held up better than normal. 
Levis was fantastic.
Spears was great.
Defense played like most of us thought they would all year. 

That was kind of the Titans team I thought we'd see when the season started. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

If you thought we were going to win after that 2nd fumble TD, you are the GOAT of optimistic fans. lol

Levis was fantastic.
Spears was great.

our "stars" showed up

Henry couldnt find space but still took care of business inside the 5

Spears awesome

Hopkins unreal

Levis GAMER

Landry showing up huge

Autry was great too

We don't have a lot of talent. This win isn't likely to change the trajectory of the season. But the pieces we do have showed up big, plus our coaching staff. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Levis was fantastic.
Spears was great.

I need to point out that Ran Carthon looks like he knocked his first draft class out the park. Skronski is the lone bright spot of our OL. Levis has shown all the makings of a potential franchise QB. Spears has been heaven sent and is our most dynamic offensive player. Josh Whyle showed some flashes before his recent injury. Jaelyn Duncan is still rough around the edges but he’s ahead of where I expected him to be, especially as a 6th rounder. And as much as we lament their emphasis on it, Colton Dowell and Anthony Kendall have been valuable special teams players for us.

After our struggles recently with our draft classes, we desperately needed a successful one. And early on, this one could be a huge difference making one for the future of our team.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, TitanSlim said:

I need to point out that Ran Carthon looks like he knocked his first draft class out the park. Skronski is the lone bright spot of our OL. Levis has shown all the makings of a potential franchise QB. Spears has been heaven sent and is our most dynamic offensive player. Josh Whyle showed some flashes before his recent injury. Jaelyn Duncan is still rough around the edges but he’s ahead of where I expected him to be, especially as a 6th rounder. And as much as we lament their emphasis on it, Colton Dowell and Anthony Kendall have been valuable special teams players for us.

After our struggles recently with our draft classes, we desperately needed a successful one. And early on, this one could be a huge difference making one for the future of our team.

FA signings largely a success too

Hopkins is our best player on offense

AAS is coming around very nicely IMO and has been improving

SMB isnt a #1 corner but he's a good player

Brunskill is the kind of depth you want on the team

Key is good but IMO rotational

Plus the Nick Folk trade

Edited by deeluxx3
  • Like 3

13 minutes ago, deeluxx3 said:

FA signings largely a success too

Hopkins is our best player on offense

AAS is coming around very nicely IMO and has been improving

SMB isnt a #1 corner but he's a good player

Brunskill is the kind of depth you want on the team

Key is good but IMO rotational

Plus the Nick Folk trade

It’s funny you mentioned that because last night I thought of two things. AAS is really starting to get it together and I wouldn’t mind us bringing him back. And SMB and McCreary would be so much better if Fulton had taken that next step/or we had a true #1 CB opposite them. It’s unfortunate we don’t have the top end talent we use to have because all of these guys(outside of Hopkins) are perfect role players.

Considering the limited cap space and draft picks, this was a pretty good job by Ran outside of the Dillard signing. And even that signing I get to a degree.