Week 14 GDT: Eagles v. Cowboys - Keep those NFCE Championship Dreams Alive

D82

If you look back on this post, I DID predict a Cowboys win, albeit, I thought much closer.

Anyway, we still need to clean up the penalties and we have got to be sharper. Our run game is minimally effective at best, but this team is hot right now. Keep it going.

1 minute ago, Rtnldave said:

If you look back on this post, I DID predict a Cowboys win, albeit, I thought much closer.

Anyway, we still need to clean up the penalties and we have got to be sharper. Our run game is minimally effective at best, but this team is hot right now. Keep it going.

RB is about as high on the list of needs as RB can be right now. Pollard is a free agent and I don’t want him back. There will be someone else as the bell cow for Dallas in 2024

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

Bro, it was a simple comment in reaction to a really bad play by our QB and you latched on to it like a baby cow.

Dak is prone to bad turnovers. Only 7 people have fumbled more than Dak since he came in the league. We are playing great but Daks gonna Dak.

Terrell Owens was a good WR but he was prone drops. TO gonna TO.

Barry Sanders was a good RB but had a ton of negative runs. Barry gonna Barry. 

The only person I saw panicking in here was you when someone said anything negative about Dak fumbling a TD away. 

Dak has played since 2016. The longest tenured starter in the league. He is not known for giving away the ball at any egregious level at all on a per season basis. Regardless, he has been playing like the best QB in football this season and obviously has not been giving the ball away. Saying “TYPICAL DAK” the second you can is ridiculous lol. You people are just crazyyyy reactive the second something goes wrong. 

Just like the season (and Dak’s career) was over with the early season loss to the Niners. And now Dallas looks as strong as anyone and Dak has a case for MVP. I just don’t know how you people live in such negativity. 

Anyway. Enjoy the win!

Edited by NoFlyZone

3 minutes ago, NoFlyZone said:

Dak has played since 2016. The longest tenured starter in the league. He is not known for giving away the ball at any egregious level at all on a per season basis. Regardless, he has been playing like the best QB in football this season and obviously has not been giving the ball away. Saying “TYPICAL DAK” the second you can is ridiculous lol. You people are just crazyyyy reactive the second something goes wrong. 

Just like the season (and Dak’s career) was over with the early season loss to the Niners. And now Dallas looks as strong as anyone and Dak has a case for MVP. I just don’t know how you people live in such negativity. 

Anyway. Enjoy the win!

I am enjoying the win. We can at least agree to that. I thought that one play was particularly bad, but not particularly surprising. That’s all. Overall I thought Dak played great today. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, quiller said:

I actually thought Hurts was okay this game.  He did miss the one chance to make this a close game.  

Hurts was flat out bad, and has been for much of the season if you break down his game. Given the weapons he has, he does very little with them. He really isn’t that good. 

38 minutes ago, NoFlyZone said:

Anyway. Enjoy the win!

What we’ve been watching over the last 8 games is not “typical Dak”. My lack of confidence in him over the years is well documented, but he’s not only playing well, but at an MVP level. It irritates me to no end that we were stuck with Red Ball and Moore for so long, when it’s obvious now that Dak could very well have been a potential MVP level player for years if we installed the WCO sooner.

• Like 2

On 12/6/2023 at 5:39 PM, D82 said:
5 minutes ago, plan9misfit said:

What we’ve been watching over the last 8 games is not “typical Dak”. My lack of confidence in him over the years is well documented, but he’s not only playing well, but at an MVP level. It irritates me to no end that we were stuck with Red Ball and Moore for so long, when it’s obvious now that Dak could very well have been a potential MVP level player for years if we installed the WCO sooner.

Dak is definitely playing at an mvp level.  I’d say it’s between him and purdy at this point (with Hill also deserving strong consideration).  Dak has been a different player over the past 2 months.  I’m happy to eat a little crow with Dak.  Frankly, I’m incredibly impressed with what McCarthy has done with the offense.  What he has done with Dak in wco is coach of the year worthy.  

A very satisfying win with very little to complain about.  Nice to see few pre snap errors on both sides the ball. Mentally not many other mistakes either.  Want to see this happen on the road though.  We gave up ZERO offensive TD’s but would really love to see the D not rely so much on turn overs.  A lot of negativity about running game but the RB’s did well with what they had. A good bounce back game for our secondary. 

2 hours ago, plan9misfit said:

Hurts was flat out bad, and has been for much of the season if you break down his game. Given the weapons he has, he does very little with them. He really isn’t that good. 

This

great weapons on the edge and Oline is one of the best in the league. 

You throw an elite level talent Qb behind Kelce and this offense is putting up historic numbers. 

7 minutes ago, elevators_rule said:

This is it though, right? Anything besides a superbowl win and this season will be a complete and utter failure. The 9ers are a bit better than us, but we are easily the 2nd best team in the league. Nothing else matters now but a ring.

Would really rather play them in Dallas if at all possible