Week 14 GDT: Eagles v. Cowboys - Keep those NFCE Championship Dreams Alive

D82

It is interesting to read this all.  I watched the game piece meal live from the 1st 60 yrd FG.  I just find the up and down nature of people kinda crazy.  I never was if mind that Hurts was a “better” QB then Dak.  Better runner for sure but not a better thrower of the ball.  
Now to react to what I consider some over reactions.   
Main difference between the two games - we got the bounces and the “luck”.  At Philly those two flags don’t get picked up even though they for sure were not penalties on us. At Philly we don’t recover those three fumbles.  In that case we score 8 points less and Philly scores at least 10 plus more and we do not win…..

I believe Dak deserved the MVP to this point but really this was not his best though maybe in a round a bout way it was.   He completed only 60 percent of his throws and I did see him miss a lot though most of his misses seAmes to be throwing it away as a safe play with a big lead. Our OL did a much better job controlling and limiting the pressure giving Dak that extra second that can make all the difference. Dak did have some great throws.    About Hurts I think he was not that bad.   I mentioned he missed one TD pass and I saw another bad read react on a 3rd or 4 th and liking where he had a WR open for a TD and instead ended up making a bad panic throw shirt if first down but otherwise he got the ball to the open guys AJ had a huge drop this game.  It wa just we seemed more in tune  to what they were doing and prevented the big YAC.  I also though they abandoned the run way too much 

either way this was our best “complete” game of the season 

Man, some of the eagles are losing their minds over this loss in their forum. Well, more an accumulative kind of thing.

Some are calling for Sirianno, my how they have short memories. They do have some legit gripes. Their offense has become a bit stale in a short year. The D, while losing several starters are not very good right now. I can see the DC getting canned at the endo f the year.

With that said they can and are still a dangerous team. But I think suddenly the Giants aren't easy outs like everyone assumed just a week ago.

1 hour ago, HDsportsfan said:

Man, some of the eagles are losing their minds over this loss in their forum. Well, more an accumulative kind of thing.

Some are calling for Sirianno, my how they have short memories. They do have some legit gripes. Their offense has become a bit stale in a short year. The D, while losing several starters are not very good right now. I can see the DC getting canned at the endo f the year.

With that said they can and are still a dangerous team. But I think suddenly the Giants aren't easy outs like everyone assumed just a week ago.

Overreaction, but they're not wrong. The Eagles are a shell of their former self (last year). Their defense is bad, their offense is dangerous but 1 dimensional. They have great talent, but the playcalling is pretty much limited to 1v1 matchup separation; not exactly scary.

I was chalking up the Giants as an easy 2 wins for Philly after our experiences but man they got some big playoff spoiler energy I don’t waana face with Devito at QB. Dangerous to face a team with almost nothing to lose yet has some faint hope for the playoffs at this time of the year 

Edited by canadaluvsdallas
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, canadaluvsdallas said:

I was chalking up the Giants as an easy 2 wins for Philly after our experiences but man they got some big playoff spoiler energy I don’t waana face with Devito at QB. Dangerous to face a team with almost nothing to lose yet has some faint hope for the playoffs at this time of the year 

🤌

• Like 3

On 12/13/2023 at 3:06 PM, HDsportsfan said:

Some are calling for Sirianno, my how they have short memories.

They turned on Doug Pederson less than 18 months after winning the first Super Bowl in franchise history. And Sirianni is the least likable dude in football. So this tracks. 

Edited by Nextyearfordaboyz

5 hours ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

They turned on Doug Pederson less than 18 months after winning the first Super Bowl in franchise history. And Sirianni is the least likable dude in football. So this tracks. 

Not only that but they also ditched both the QB’s who got them to that SB. Never understood what took place there but damn, that’s savage