Week 14: (10-2) Eagles @ (9-3) Cow Patties 2.0

Nabbs4u

9 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

I was told he’s better than Milton Williams. I don’t understand 😎

What's there to understand? Nobody knows how good he is until he actually plays. He's getting rookie Cam Jurgens treatment for now. Does Cam not playing last year mean he would have sucked compared to Isaac if he did?

Edited by Jeezla

11 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

What's there to understand? Nobody knows how good he is until he actually plays. He's getting rookie Cam Jurgens treatment for now. Does Cam not playing last year mean he would have sucked compared to Isaac if he did?

Very similar to Nolan Smith. Both players will replace BG/Cox next season. We'll find out then. Right now, Nether  and I do mean neither are better then the Starters/depth in front of them.

Doesn't mean either or both suck!

Edited by Nabbs4u

2 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

Very similar to Nolan Smith. Both players will replace BG/Cox next season. We'll find out then. Right now, Nether  and I do mean neither are better then the Starters/depth in front of them.

Similar, but different. Ojomo just needs to get better at things he already does. Nolan has to learn how to be a pass rusher, since he really wasn't that in college. 

Cam was a 2nd round pick. He was handpicked by a HoF center. Ojomo is not in the same situation. He’s just a guy with some possible potential for now. With the injuries we’ve had, he should have been given some time. Coaches obviously think he’s not ready. 

Also, Smith isn’t taking over for BG. They are completely different players. Eagles will def need an edge this offseason. Maybe BG sticks around for another year? He’s been effective in his snaps I’d say. Cox has surprised me as well. He’s gettin too many snaps but I don’t feel like it’s been a detriment.  If fletch hangs it up, (not sure if Milton would still be under contract) I highly doubt Ojomo is just handed a rotation spot. 

1 hour ago, Jeezla said:

55 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

It is another Eagle philosophy that I hate.  Draft for the future, get no reps, then be expected to be a quality starter.

7 minutes ago, downundermike said:

It is another Eagle philosophy that I hate.  Draft for the future, get no reps, then be expected to be a quality starter.

It's proven to work not sure other then immediate validation of a draft pick why it bothers you? 

It's landed us Goedert, Jurgens, Dickerson, Davis and Carter. Maybe even Smith/Dean??

Not one was drafted as a started or as an immediate Need. 

If the Eagles sucked weren't SB Contenders they wouldn't be drafting depth,  they'd be forced to try and draft day 1 starters. Overall roster matters.

Edited by Nabbs4u

2 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

Was talking 3rd on the depth chart, not 5th. Getting BG's reps. Especially with Reddick/Sweat switching sides as pass rushers.

Yea. I don’t think that makes sense either. Smith can spell for Reddick but he’s not getting end snaps. BG is an edge and can slide inside in fast packages. Besides adding a blitzer on obvious pass downs or Smith replacing Reddick, I don’t know where he fits in as of now. It’s not like you can just add him in place of BG. They do different things. Like, how could you have Reddick, Sweat and Smith on the field together?  But with BG, he can line up at end of DT in some packages. Smith is just a novelty player right now. 

1 minute ago, Nabbs4u said:

It's proven to work not sure other then immediate validation of a draft pick why it bothers you? 

It's landed us Goedert, Jurgens, Dickerson, Davis and Carter. Maybe even Smith/Dean??

Not one was drafted as a started or as an immediate Need. 

If the Eagles sucked weren't SB Contenders they would be drafting depth,  they'd be forced to try and draft day 1 starters. Overall roster matters.

Goedert is good, played 48% of the snaps his rookie year.

Jurgens is still TBD.

Dickerson played 95% of the snaps his rookie year.

Davis is OK, but not a 14th pick in the draft impact player.

Carter has been quite, rookie wall.

Smith, TBD

Dean is leaning heavily bust.

My point, you need to see these guys play before saying they are starters.  That is why Howie had a panic attack and had to scramble and sign Cunningham and Jack 

2 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

Yea. I don’t think that makes sense either. Smith can spell for Reddick but he’s not getting end snaps. BG is an edge and can slide inside in fast packages. Besides adding a blitzer on obvious pass downs or Smith replacing Reddick

Past 2 games Smith has been on the field on both sides for either Sweat or Reddick. Given both a breather Same thing BG does.  Never suggested any reps as a DT. 

It's not just Reddick 

5 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Goedert is good, played 48% of the snaps his rookie year.

Jurgens is still TBD.

Dickerson played 95% of the snaps his rookie year.

Davis is OK, but not a 14th pick in the draft impact player.

Carter has been quite, rookie wall.

Smith, TBD

Dean is leaning heavily bust.

My point, you need to see these guys play before saying they are starters.  That is why Howie had a panic attack and had to scramble and sign Cunningham and Jack 

Everyone of those players were or are already starters except for Nolan Smith. What am I missing? No one said All Pro type players, Starters.