2024 Edge Talk

Scoundrel

4 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

True, then why did he not put in work the rest of the games he played?  And you got any stats on exactly how often he faced him anyway?   Because especially in 2022 he was against Wallace a ton?  If he beats the best LT in college football, why cannot he beat the bad ones and totally destroy them?  

Production does matter, and sure one will not always get sacks like Chop Robinson didn't and Trice didn't but to me they showed out way more and impacted the game more consistently than JT did this year if one looks at every single game.  

Scheme, rotational usage, untapped potential, etc… why did Danielle Hunter only have 1.5 sacks his last year at LSU?

6 hours ago, Scoundrel said:

Scheme, rotational usage, untapped potential, etc… why did Danielle Hunter only have 1.5 sacks his last year at LSU?

Danielle Hunter?  I would bet my life J.T. Tuimoloau will never be as good as Danielle Hunter is in the NFL, not even close.  Athletically they are worlds apart and Danielle was impactful on LSU big time, he had 13 TFLs despite only that one sack, also had a TD that same year and freaking 6 passes deflected.  Scheme maybe but still if you cannot win one on one matchups consistently in college how you expect to do it in the NFL?  

25 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

Danielle Hunter?  I would bet my life J.T. Tuimoloau will never be as good as Danielle Hunter is in the NFL, not even close.  Athletically they are worlds apart and Danielle was impactful on LSU big time, he had 13 TFLs despite only that one sack, also had a TD that same year and freaking 6 passes deflected.  Scheme maybe but still if you cannot win one on one matchups consistently in college how you expect to do it in the NFL?  

Not comparing them as prospects. Comparing them as players lacking production. Why didn’t Hunter have more sacks? I’ve seen JT win plenty of matchups. 

9 hours ago, Scoundrel said:

Not comparing them as prospects. Comparing them as players lacking production. Why didn’t Hunter have more sacks? I’ve seen JT win plenty of matchups. 

Same. And how can you say he consistently doesn’t beat 1–1’s? He is most certainly the dude opposing teams chip/double in pass pro, even though he doesn’t see it as much as some of the previously mentioned players. Teams aren’t freaking out about Hall/Williams/Sawyer—they were much more focused on JT, who wrecked some good close games in crunch time this year. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Scoundrel said:

Sacks are largely a byproduct of situation.  TFL are a better indicator of pressure if you want to choose to look at stats.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Scoundrel said:

Jarvis Jones had 19.5 and 24.5 of those in back to back years… he was a great NFL player…

I bring him up because I mentioned this in a BDL chat that Latu reminds me a bit of Jarvis Jones. Jones was 23.6 at draft time, Latu will be 23.4. Both suffered neck injuries in college. Both transferred to a new school and found success. Both win with a technical skill set and imo lack top notch athleticism and bend. Now Latu does look to have more power and weight to him and that may help him have more success. But I am cautious with Latu and he is getting some top 10 even top 5 hype. Before the combine Jarvis was considered by many a top 5 pick and Kiper even had him at #1 on his big board in early February of 2013.

• 1 month later...
32 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

So with DQ being in Washington, and Washington desperately needing pass rush now, who's your draft pick for us to be our "Micah Parsons" equivalent?

IMHO, the guy you want went back to school.  Barrett Carter from Clemson.

• Like 1