2024 Edge Talk

Scoundrel

13 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

He's one I'm watching, but I don't see how we get him without trading up. At least right now.

He'll totally be there at #2. Pick him there and reap the rewards! 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MagicMT said:

I think he's long gone by the Texans pick. Chop is going top 15 I would guess 

Maybe but one could make the argument that all of these guys are better than Chop Robinson, especially in terms of actual production.  Ellis is getting very underrated in this process, dude has a great bloodline and was easily one of the best pass rushers in college football last year.  And Robinson is just a straight freak show athlete at that size and could play inside or out, I could see him going over Robinson as well.

Jared Verse  Florida State 
Dallas Turner Alabama 
Laiatu Latu UCLA
Jonah Elliss Utah 
Darius Robinson Missouri 

Chop Robinson might work out well athletically, and he is very quick off the ball but it is odd how few sacks he got despite having such a good get off.  He might end up better as a 3/4 OLB that is totally off the ball.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Ozzy said:

Maybe but one could make the argument that all of these guys are better than Chop Robinson, especially in terms of actual production.  Ellis is getting very underrated in this process, dude has a great bloodline and was easily one of the best pass rushers in college football last year.  And Robinson is just a straight freak show athlete at that size and could play inside or out, I could see him going over Robinson as well.

Jared Verse  Florida State 
Dallas Turner Alabama 
Laiatu Latu UCLA
Jonah Elliss Utah 
Darius Robinson Missouri 

Chop Robinson might work out well athletically, and he is very quick off the ball but it is odd how few sacks he got despite having such a good get off.  He might end up better as a 3/4 OLB that is totally off the ball.  

Yup you're totally right. For me Verse is EDGE1 and then everyone else is debatable. 
I haven't watched enough of Elliss to really comment on and I like D. Robinson but so far I'd have Chop before all those others, but it's early in the process. 
I'll have to watch more of Dallas Turner because from what I've seen he's not in the same tier as Verse/Chop/Latu.  

3 minutes ago, Daniel said:

Adisa Isaac is better than Chop in every Penn State game I have ever watched.

Same could also have been said for Daeshon Hall over Myles Garrett. One was getting all the attention. One had a massive ceiling. While Chop is obviously not Garrett, I think it’s insane to call Isaac a better prospect/player. 

I love Braelon Trice. That dude plays hard and despite not being bendy, wins in a multitude of ways against a multitude of pass blockers (power, speed). Dude seems destined for a very long career. He isn’t Calais Campbell good right now, but that kind of career/role wouldn’t surprise me. 

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, BetterCallSaul said:

Same could also have been said for Daeshon Hall over Myles Garrett. One was getting all the attention. One had a massive ceiling. While Chop is obviously not Garrett, I think it’s insane to call Isaac a better prospect/player. 

I think it’s insane to call Chop a better player, because he’s not, but there we are.

48 minutes ago, BetterCallSaul said:

Not sure anyone anywhere had Hall over Garrett at any point in time, if anything Hall got a lot of attention because people were watching Garrett and based on how bad he was as a pro that attention was not merited at all. Hall was only productive on the other edge because of all the attention teams paid to Garrett, Hall basically did nothing in the NFL and considering his size and athletic ability that was a disappointment.   

Also not sure that means Isaac is that good, it might mean Chop Robinson is not some amazing player if both are similar on tape and at times yes that was the case.  No one is calling Isaac a 1st rounder but sure at times Chop and that burst does put him in that category it is just odd he was not more production with that get off.

47 minutes ago, BetterCallSaul said:

I love Braelon Trice. That dude plays hard and despite not being bendy, wins in a multitude of ways against a multitude of pass blockers (power, speed). Dude seems destined for a very long career. He isn’t Calais Campbell good right now, but that kind of career/role wouldn’t surprise me. 

Calais Campbell is a 6-7 giant that is 300 pounds as a DE and can play DE in a 3/4 or a 4/3 when he was younger, potentially a Hall of Famer.   Not sure Braelon Trice is anything like that and for one he is not massive in terms of height at all so the comparison ends there to me.  Trice will be a 4/3 DE or a 3/4 OLB, doubt he ever is a 3/4 DE, he is what 6-3 probably and Campbell is 6-8 or 6-7.