1.8 JJ McCarthy, QB
2.54 Cooper Beebe, OG
3.74 Ruke Orhorhoro, DT
4.109 Nehemia Pritchett, CB
5.143 Isaiah Davis, RB
6.177 Josh Karty, K
7.230 Brennan Jackson, DE/LB EDGE
7.232 Daequan Hardy, CB/PR

Vikings end their GM mock draft with this lineup. Keep in mind we started without a 2nd or 3rd round pick. Managed to do a slight trade up for McCarthy, get back into Rounds 2 and 3, and addressed our major needs including special teams additions.

got complaints..? bring 'em on. got praise..? send cash.

If they get a starting QB and OG, I'm happy.....

• Like 2

3 hours ago, vike daddy said:

Last Chance Mock Draft

1.8 JJ McCarthy, QB
2.54 Cooper Beebe, OG
3.74 Ruke Orhorhoro, DT
5.143 Isaiah Davis, RB
6.177 Josh Karty, K

Vikings end their GM mock draft with this lineup. Keep in mind we started without a 2nd or 3rd round pick. Managed to do a slight trade up for McCarthy, get back into Rounds 2 and 3, and addressed our major needs including special teams additions.

If Kwesi doesn't work I nominate you for the position

• Like 3

19 hours ago, vike daddy said:

Montana State...? Never! University of Montana Grizzlies, if you please!

We even lost a national championship to Randy Moss and Chad Pennington of Marshall!

Montana State was in my final 10 of college options 30+ yrs ago, as I thought Bozeman would have been an interesting place to live.  But, I never even got serious enough about it that I even applied.  😉

2 minutes ago, swede700 said:

Montana State was in my final 10 of college options 30+ yrs ago, as I thought Bozeman would have been an interesting place to live.  But, I never even got serious enough about it that I even applied.  😉

good enough for Jan Stenerud to travel 5000 miles to.

11. Minnesota Vikings

Michael Penix Jr., QB, Washington

It's all about fit here. Throwing to Justin Jefferson and Jordan Addison won't hurt—neither will the threat of T.J. Hockenson up the seam. The team also brought in RB Aaron Jones, has an excellent front five, and I like the idea of Michael Penix Jr. learning under the tutelage of Kevin O'Connell. Oh, and he would play in a dome? Yeah, I like the fit. 

https://thedraftnetwork.com/2024/04/15/nfl-mock-draft-2024-top-qbs

14 minutes ago, swede700 said:

Of course I don't believe this would ever happen. However, I can't say that I'd be completely opposed if the front office thought the two could push each other to be better. But it seems like a good way to divide a locker room. It will never happen. But it would be interesting to see how it would play out. 

Then, of course, there's the fact that one of our top two picks would never see the field. Also a good chance neither of them would see the field in the first year if Darnold plays well. Which means our top 2 picks would not contribute to next year's team in any way. Which also means the defense would have to hope for some hits later in the draft.

Intriguing idea, but at the end of the day, a dumb one.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

The penultimate week before the draft is always the worst week of the draft season. 

draft fanz are saturated with the same mocks and predictions over and over, as many of us are here too. so the only way to get clicks is to come out with the bizzaro world mocks.

1 hour ago, SteelKing728 said:

Why stop at 2? Just draft a QB with every pick to "diversify our portfolio"

KAM would have a lot of free time if he made the first two picks a QB..a lot of free time.

I'm sure he wouldn't do so without the blessing of the Wilfs. 

• Like 1

On 4/13/2024 at 6:32 PM, vike daddy said:

Last Chance Mock Draft

1.8 JJ McCarthy, QB
2.54 Cooper Beebe, OG
3.74 Ruke Orhorhoro, DT
5.143 Isaiah Davis, RB
6.177 Josh Karty, K

Well done on this mock. definitely not the worst I have seen

QBOTF and two guys who I think I have a good future in the league in the trenches

• Like 1