Week 15: VIKINGS (7-6) at Bengals (7-6)

swede700

Cincinnati was able to get back in this game largely because of their efficiency on third down late in the game. The Bengals converted four of their six third downs during the second half, and one of the few times they didn’t covert, Joe Mixon punched in a one-yard touchdown run on fourth down.

In total, the Bengals converted seven of their 14 third or fourth down attempts while Minnesota was successful on just five of their 13 attempts. The Vikings had been one of the better third-down teams all season on both sides of the ball, but it proved to be their downfall this weekend.

https://purpleptsd.com/2023/vikings/opinion/vikings-loss-cincinnati/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook

1 hour ago, GermanVike said:

Well, that game shows again:

The Vikings are a clownshow. But clownshows can be very entertaining, I can't say that they didn't have me on the edge of my seat.

PS: I blame my wife for the loss. When she started watching with me, the score was 17-3....

I think that game showed just how average we are right now.

With Cousins, we are certainly better, but right now this is an average football team and our record backs that up.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SteelKing728 said:

With Cousins, we are certainly better, but right now this is an average football team and our record backs that up.

I agree. Sure, turnovers played their part, but the defense ist still lacking (at least) one capable man coverage corner (that includes winning jump balls from time to time) and more pass rush capabilities of the down linemen.

I think next year, this team can be good, if Flores stays and the OL continues to improve.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

It's the reversion to the mean. 

With Cousins, they are a top-tier team...without him, they are mediocre...as is most of the NFL. 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, swede700 said:

It's the reversion to the mean. 

With Cousins, they are a top-tier team...without him, they are mediocre...as is most of the NFL. 

Since the Atlanta game (post Cousin's injury) this team has had 11 turnovers.... The backup quarterbacks have been responsible for 10 of them.

So yeah I feel pretty confident that they have at least 2 more wins with Kirk. Which puts them at 9-5, in the thick of positioning for the 2nd or 3rd seed and on Pace to out do my pre season expectations for the team.

Real bummer 

Edited by Dolmonite26
  • Like 3

45 minutes ago, GermanVike said:

I agree. Sure, turnovers played their part, but the defense ist still lacking (at least) one capable man coverage corner (that includes winning jump balls from time to time) and more pass rush capabilities of the down linemen.

I think next year, this team can be good, if Flores stays and the OL continues to improve.

Despite the frustration, this team has demonstrated that they're one off-season away from being contenders.

If the FO feels the same then they should prioritize returning cousins 

• Like 2