Week 15: VIKINGS (7-6) at Bengals (7-6)

swede700

1 minute ago, Nbanflguy said:

I don’t get how it’s possible. Like yeah you can lose by being out coached, players not executing, other team just plain better, etc. But how are professional NFL head coaches making millions of dollars after playing and coaching their whole lives losing games because they are coaching like idiots?

Getting too cute for his own good

• Like 1

Also is it just a weird coincidence that we have had 2 years of insane close games since KOC showed up? I have to keep reminding my non football fan GF that this is not normal. Or is he to blame for them? It’s great we are winning most of them, but a lot of these should be us winning comfortably 

3 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

It’s not even about being cute. It’s about execution. 

With the way those two plays were blocked, does anyone really think that Chandler would have done better? 

This is what I'm mad about.

How can you not gain like 4 inches there? At some point there's no playcall for "my players can't do their job"

10 minutes ago, Dolmonite26 said:

This is what I'm mad about.

How can you not gain like 4 inches there? At some point there's no playcall for "my players can't do their job"

There’s a playcall called not running the same sneak twice in a row when everyone in the stadium knew it was coming. 

35 minutes ago, Scottish_Viking said:

Getting too cute for his own good

Speaking of getting too cute for his own good. It worked and the stats will just show a Nick Mullens 1 yard td pass to Addison, but what the hell are we doing dropping back to throw on 1st and goal from the 1? It’s like KOC is a young madden player that just wants to get his QB a touchdown pass for stats or something. You are running on them with total ease all day. You have a backup QB who has already thrown 2 ints in the red zone. Why are you not just giving the ball to Chandler or Ham there? Give it to them 4 straight times if you have to. There is no way they are not getting in the end zone eventually 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Scottish_Viking said:

Maybe have someone a little bigger and stronger than Powell behind him

Missing it twice is also a failure of execution, it's that simple. Line up and go win the game.

Honestly I don't normally like that kind of fan reasoning, but some plays you just have to beat the guy in front of you or go home

Edited by Dolmonite26
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, PrplChilPill said:

I've preached patience with KoC, but mine is gone. If he doesn't show growth the rest of the year, I'm ok if he's gone, which he won't be. 

I truly think this is an over reaction, but I respect your opinion.

KoC is a good coach, I don't have any doubt about that. He will need to continue to improve if he is to become a great coach.

Late game management is something that most coaches are "bad" at, because winning in the NFL is difficult and one score games are pretty much 50/50

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Dolmonite26 said:

I truly think this is an over reaction, but I respect your opinion.

KoC is a good coach, I don't have any doubt about that. He will need to continue to improve if he is to become a great coach.

Late game management is something that most coaches are "bad" at, because winning in the NFL is difficult and one score games are pretty much 50/50

He also started Dobbs last week, which looks really bad after Mullens play this week, which still want great but it wasn't awful...

KoC has shown no growth at the end of games in almost two years. How long should I be patient? If this was a one off, that would be different. I've said over and over here we need to give him time, but I'm not seeing improvement. 

What a disappointing loss, Chandler goes for well over 100 yards on the ground, Addison has over 100 yards receiving and Hockenson/Jefferson both play well also and the defense has 5 sacks.

Well that is what happens when you throw two INTs in scoring position in the first half.  They still had the game in the bag but blew it late.  Bad pass pro but that is usual especially when Quessenberry is your starting RT, awful backups come into play again on the OL.  Still super disappointing playing a team with a backup QB themselves.  

Honestly though say two years ago, who would you rather have starting at QB Nick Mullens or Jake Browning.  I would have said Browning.  Liked him on the Vikings and very disappointed they kept Sean Mannion instead of him, clearly that was the wrong choice but good to see him get a shot and succeed for the Bengals.  

Now the Vikings have two QBs that long term not sure I want any part of, Dobbs and Nick Mullens.  Sure Mullens is more fluid as a passer but turning the ball over with the way the defense has been playing is just an absolute deal breaker.  But yeah go with Mullens the rest of the year just because he has way better timing and rhythm to his passing....still in terms of next year and beyond they need to really move on from both of those guys unless they have no other options...

Sure Mullens starting on the 49ers and was successful kind of, so what obviously Shanahan can literally make any QB look good in that offense with the talent he has and the system he runs.  Still even on the 49ers Mullens always pretty much threw as many TDs and he did INTs.  So I pass on Nick Mullens long term same with Dobbs obviously but sure one of them will be brought back next year.