Week 15: VIKINGS (7-6) at Bengals (7-6)

swede700

1 hour ago, Nbanflguy said:

Also is it just a weird coincidence that we have had 2 years of insane close games since KOC showed up? I have to keep reminding my non football fan GF that this is not normal. Or is he to blame for them? It’s great we are winning most of them, but a lot of these should be us winning comfortably 

Legitimately asking (not trolling), would you rather win big and lose big or win close and lose close?

Mullens had at least 5 turnover-worthy passes, three of which resulted in INTs (one negated by penalty), two of which were likely to be pick-6s, and two in the red zone that wasted scoring opportunities. Not impressed, but also not really surprised. Every time Mullens has played against backups during the preseason, it reminds us all of why we don't want him to see the field.

And yet, if the defense hadn't gone soft in the second half, this game likely would have been decided without OT. I'm curious as to why that happened, and why there wasn't a change when the Bengals started moving the ball at will.

The end of the last series was tough to watch. Should have been easy to pick up less than a yard with two tries. It's especially frustrating that the Vikes picked up the first down on the first attempt, but the Bengals called their time out in time to negate the play.

The Vikings DBs have to work on breaking up the high passes. 

Not being able to pick up a yard to give joseph a shot to win the game is a shame.  I don't get why they don't give it to ham in those situations. 

Wanting KOC to be fired is a huge overreaction imo. Criticizing the play calling at the end is fine . We just don't have the personnel to run that play effectively

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, vikesfan89 said:

The Vikings DBs have to work on breaking up the high passes. 

Not being able to pick up a yard to give joseph a shot to win the game is a shame.  I don't get why they don't give it to ham in those situations. 

Wanting KOC to be fired is a huge overreaction imo. Criticizing the play calling at the end is fine . We just don't have the personnel to run that play effectively

I said I'm losing patience.... And asked how long we should wait for improvement in end of game management. How long?

3 minutes ago, PrplChilPill said:

I said I'm losing patience.... And asked how long we should wait for improvement in end of game management. How long?

Play calling was atrocious. Usually I trust KOC in 4th and short, weren’t we perfect going into the game. I don’t get why we’re QB sneaking on two consecutive plays with the smallest guy on offense as the guy doing the pushing. Trying to make sense of this. 

5 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

Play calling was atrocious. Usually I trust KOC in 4th and short, weren’t we perfect going into the game. I don’t get why we’re QB sneaking on two consecutive plays with the smallest guy on offense as the guy doing the pushing. Trying to make sense of this. 

I agree that the back to back, same call at the end was bad (execution was worse)

But play calling throughout the game was honestly incredible. The offense generated at least 30 points of production, 6 of which was taken away by poor QB decisions.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dolmonite26 said:

I agree that the back to back, same call at the end was bad (execution was worse)

But play calling throughout the game was honestly incredible. The offense generated at least 30 points of production, 6 of which was taken away by poor QB decisions.

I can agree with that. When it mattered most there were some really dumb decisions, I’ll leave it at that.

6 minutes ago, Dolmonite26 said:

Agreed. My complaint is continued issues at the end of games. 

7 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

I can agree with that. When it mattered most there were some really dumb decisions, I’ll leave it at that.

An unfortunate trend.

Let's remember tho, that future HoF coach Andy Ried is famously bad at late game management.

There are a lot more important skills that KoC has demonstrates that he has

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Dolmonite26 said:

An unfortunate trend.

Let's remember tho, that future HoF coach Andy Ried is famously bad at late game management.

There are a lot more important skills that KoC has demonstrates that he has

The good certainly out weights the bad. Hard to be good while trotting out backup QBs.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, PrplChilPill said:

Maybe you didn't call for him to be fired but you said you'd be ok if he's gone. 

What else was questionable than calling 2 brotherly shoves at the end? Don't some people want it banned because of how unstoppable it can be?

Every coach has questionable decisions and playing with a backup quarterback makes every decision that much more under a spotlight.  Last year they were so good at the end of the games so I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt that he's just having a sophomore slump. If things start out bad again next year,  I'd maybe start Heating up his seat a bit

21 minutes ago, vikesfan89 said:

Maybe you didn't call for him to be fired but you said you'd be ok if he's gone. 

What else was questionable than calling 2 brotherly shoves at the end? Don't some people want it banned because of how unstoppable it can be?

Every coach has questionable decisions and playing with a backup quarterback makes every decision that much more under a spotlight.  Last year they were so good at the end of the games so I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt that he's just having a sophomore slump. If things start out bad again next year,  I'd maybe start Heating up his seat a bit

It's not one game ... And your statement is fair. Gotta see growth next year. I don't want the lack of QB to be an ongoing excuse.