Week 15: VIKINGS (7-6) at Bengals (7-6)

swede700

3 minutes ago, CriminalMind said:

KOC playcalling has directly lead to 2-3 losses, I’m just shocked by his decision making. Perhaps he is just a better OC, and game management is too much on his plate to go with play calling. 

KOC is definitely going to be begging ownership and KAM to retain Cousins at all costs. Two QBs look terrible with his play calling, only Cousins looked good. With Hall the unknown 

Yes, yes.... "Only Cousins!"

Smh, stop with this 

Sadly with the last three games Vikings could easily go 0-3 to finish the year.  The Lions looked great against the Broncos last night and Jameson Williams is really come on, if he is a legit deep threat which it looks like he is that offense is going to be hell to deal with.  Gibbs is a blur out there at RB, big time speed and playmaking as a runner and receiver then you have LaPorta at TE and St. Brown still at WR and Raymond in the slot and Montgomery as the hammer as the other RB.  Great OL of course and Sewell is destroying guys out there, will be an All Pro this year....

Vikings could have it rough with the Lions 2 out of the last 3 and even Green Bay has played better of late as well.  Lions offensively, if the Vikings struggle with the talent and depth on the Bengals even with a backup QB, Lions could crush them.  

I'm listening to Locked On Vikings - Daily Podcast On The Minnesota Vikings | Minnesota Vikings Overtime Loss Raises Hard Questions About Kevin O'Connell on Podbean, check it out! https://www.podbean.com/ea/dir-6ugvr-1c69b932

Braun rightly has some pretty unkind words for the Vikings and their coaching staff.

I think most of his criticism is warranted but a few things I disagree with or would need to investigate more.

54 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

Krauser@Krauserrific

Vikings have 7 losses by a total of 26 points (3.7 point average margin of defeat) while losing the turnover battle 19-5

They are their own worst enemy

That's where the "mental midget" comment came from.

While it is unfair to call them that, it is fair to say if we had just cleaned up the turnover issue, we'd probably have 9 or 10 wins at least this season.

18 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

That's where the "mental midget" comment came from.

While it is unfair to call them that, it is fair to say if we had just cleaned up the turnover issue, we'd probably have 9 or 10 wins at least this season.

no, "mental midget" alludes to stupidity, a lack of intelligence.

that's very different from physically skilled players making physical mistakes.

59 minutes ago, Dolmonite26 said:

I think most of his criticism is warranted but a few things I disagree with or would need to investigate more.

So to expand on this, and double check a hunch of mine.

One of Braun's big points of criticism is that the Vikings aren't disciplined and that a coaching issue; citing turn overs as an example and then he said several times throughout the episode, "be disciplined, be the least penalized teams in the league!"

Regarding the latter--- aren't they one of the least penalized teams in the league? Something which I hold KoC and his coaching staff in high regard for.

Regarding the former--- I was curious how many of the turnovers we have seen are "coaching errors." A rather impossible task to prove, honestly, but something about this year stuck out. Which is that after the opening four or so stretch of games, skill player fumbles had settle back down to a league average rate. This prompted another question -how many of the turnovers post Cousin's injury are the QBs responsible for and how many are the skill players?-

Well here are the breakdowns for turnovers this year:

------

Cousins: 5 ints, 4 fumbles lost

Dobbs: 5 ints, 3 FL

Mullens: 2 ints

Hall: 1 FL

Mattison: 2 FL

Other skill players: 4 FL

------

Post Cousins, there has been 1 TO by a skill player (Mattison's fumble vs Den)!

So I believe it's fair to suggest that the team, perhaps via help from coaching, were able to correct fumbling issue that plagued them earlier.

And then have been haunted by inept quarterback play, drops leading to unlucky deflections, and boneheaded stupidity from 3 different QBs in the pocket.

I'm not trying to absolve KoC of any errors, just contextualize things. And I think regarding turnovers, there is evidence that he has helped the team correct where they could and with the QBs--- the boneheadedness is just part of the package with them, and the end result is very costly TOs.

• Like 2