Steelers Christmas Classics: Week 15 GDT vs Pats

43M

8 minutes ago, grubs10 said:

I'm starting to fall into the same trap I fell into during the playoffs last year, where I think to myself "Why can't this be the time we beat them and flip the power dynamic"....

I'm so torn over this game.  Part of me thinks we are more talented on paper and have tons of guys playing a role this year that didn't play last year.  Then part of me says they have out coached us every time we play and the coaches are still the same.  Then part of me thinks maybe Brady is getting old and their team doesn't have the same players on defense.  Then I think that the Steelers offense is very susceptible to playing poorly and our defense is weak to what they do best.  Then I think this game is at Heinz field for once and that seems to matter for Big Ben.  Then I think that the Patriots lost a bad game last week making this week even bigger for them.

I get worried that we won't be able to beat them twice with BB the mastermind on their sideline.  But I have no confidence in going to New England in the playoffs.   I just hope that some how this is meant to be the Story Book ending to Big Ben's career, where he beats the Boogey Man Patriots twice on his way to his 3rd Superbowl victory and his first Superbowl MVP (psych they will give it to his WR again).  But at the same time it would be a shame to have this loaded of a team and have no quarterback going into next season.

I think we're all feeling that.  

I'm still in "believe it when I see it" mode, but the one thing I am encouraged by is the adjustments the Steelers have been making at half time and the overall resilience of the team.  I think that points to improved coaching.  So I guess we'll see if Tomlin can finally out-duel the great Belichick when all the chips are down.  (for the #1 seed)  

Steelers are 2nd in the NFL for second half Time of Possesion this year:  (NE is 15th)

https://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/stat/2nd-half-time-of-possession-share-pct

First half stats are not nearly as good, so I hope they are able to get off to a fast start.  

11 hours ago, warfelg said:

On all the responses on DWill.....if you follow him on twitter you know that's what he does.  I thought it was funny that those guys were not ready for him.

I know what he is like but he came off really bad imo. how many other guest spot invites you think he earned with that performance? 

I’m excited about this game. It’s the first test to see if we can overcome the patriot hump  finally.  Players and coach T are pretty livid about the last meeting. I hope with them buying into the hype does good for us.  If Bell wants his payday, he needs to take over this game.

Archived