Chargers Fire HC Brandon Staley and GM Tom Telesco

AFlaccoSeagulls

3 minutes ago, Nbanflguy said:

This is one of the coaches that we knew almost right away that he wasn't the guy. Then we have to waste 2 more years of Herbert before we pull the plug and end the experiment that everyone knew wasn't working. Why not just rip the band aid early?

People said the same thing as Zac Taylor.

48 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

Damn. They’re going to get that interim HC bump next week. 

And still be starting Easton Stick.  There's only so much the interim HC bump can do.  But hey, maybe the defense will at least get it act together, but then... Michael Davis...

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, game3525 said:

If they go for another hot shot coordinator, then it will be Ben Johnson. If they want to go with the veteran retread that won't break the bank, then it will be Dan Quinn. If they really go for broke then it will be Belichick. 

Unless Belichick doing it purely for the cash-grab, I'll believe Dean (and more specifically John Spanos) humbles himself and gives up the kind of personnel control Bill would require when hell freezes over.  And if the next guy is just another in the chain of guys that let Johnboy play GM and have the corner office, they could get a necromancer to reanimate Vince Lombardi's corpse and nothing would change with the team.

You know, I am not someone who likes coaches getting fired after one year or two, as long as you can see that the Team is moving in the right direction. They didn't and the games I have seen this year so far, he should have been fired a while ago. That wasn't a good fit.

I couldn't watch the game yesterday so I had to watch the highlights.  To me, it looked like that no Chargers player wanted to be on the field. They all had this "ÏDGAF" aura.

I think it was the third fumble, when the Chargers player just stood there and looked to the ground like :" Oh well, tragic!" *shrug* ....  That Team looked like they played against Staley. Just my opinion and observation though.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Forge said:

Dan Quinn is a good call. I'm not sure how happy everyone is with Moore, but there's obviously a relationship between the two, so that could create some stability of they want me 

Moore can go as well IMO. Ficken is the only one who should be retained.

38 minutes ago, notthatbluestuff said:

What the forum thought when he was hired:

I thought he would be good too and break the mold. There’s actually a lot that I liked about him and hope the next HC has also including being aggressive on 4th down and being analytically driven. But yeah, when you’re a defensive minded HC and your defense sucks for three years running, you need to go. Just wished it was at the end of the year.

38 minutes ago, game3525 said:

If they go for another hot shot coordinator, then it will be Ben Johnson. If they want to go with the veteran retread that won't break the bank, then it will be Dan Quinn. If they really go for broke then it will be Belichick. 

I don’t want Belichick now. 10, maybe even 5 years ago, but not now. Get Harbaugh. If not, then I’m fine with Quinn. If they need a first timer HC who’s offensive minded then get Todd Monken.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, D82 said:

I mean, they kinda had to. That was an embarassing performance. 

Telesco probably should have been gone a while back, I'm amazed he lasted as long as he did with the organization. 

He didn’t cause drama and had some big draft hits including Herbert, which saved his job.

48 minutes ago, notthatbluestuff said:

What the forum thought when he was hired:

I am nothing if not consistent, apparently

1 hour ago, Forge said:

Given the rule of hiring the opposite of the man you just fired, this has to be an offensive minded retread. 

I'm hoping they hire Anthony Lynn

On 1/17/2021 at 7:16 PM, Forge said:

I hope he interviews Anthony Lynn for the OC position. 

• Like 4