Chargers Fire HC Brandon Staley and GM Tom Telesco

AFlaccoSeagulls

38 minutes ago, Forge said:

Dan Quinn is a good call. I'm not sure how happy everyone is with Moore, but there's obviously a relationship between the two, so that could create some stability of they want me 

Forge throwing his hat in the ring for the LAC job!

• Like 1

With the firing of both HC and GM this screams Bill Belicheck or Jim Harbaugh. 

Harbaugh loses another NCAA Championship game, I believe he will go to the LAC. His ego will not allow him to take a NFL job again, without full NFL control. If he Wins, he's staying.

Belichick seems like the obvious "Statement" hire, culture changing hire, pedigree type hire that is probably needed. 

I just don't see Bill at his age and with his Stubbornness being able to install the "Patriot Way" with those players.

It worked in NE because the best QB in the NFL winning numerous SB's was on board with that mentality,  damn near demanded it himself in practice on the field from his teammates. These days, with these spoiled self entitled millionaires it is an outdated approach now. It's why every single assistant coach  (Belichick deciple) has pretty much failed.

Dan Quinn makes the most sense, fix that defense,  bring in a innovative OC if Moore gets butt hurt over not getting the HC job, find a GM that can work well with Quinn.

Maybe someone from the Seahawks or Cowboys FO worthy of a potential bump in power/title? Couldn't tell you who from those Organizations?

Edited by Nabbs4u

50 minutes ago, Dr LBC said:

Unless Belichick doing it purely for the cash-grab, I'll believe Dean (and more specifically John Spanos) humbles himself and gives up the kind of personnel control Bill would require when hell freezes over.  And if the next guy is just another in the chain of guys that let Johnboy play GM and have the corner office, they could get a necromancer to reanimate Vince Lombardi's corpse and nothing would change with the team.

Yeah, John Spanos is a bigger issue then Dean here. Dean let AJ run the show, but that was before John really became prominent in the organization. To get Belichick, or Harbaugh they are going to have give them full control. They aren't going to want to take orders from Dean's snot nosed kid.