2024 Offseason Thread

KingTitan

It’s wild how many glaring holes are on the roster. We signed either RB-A or RB-B, a starting center and a starting CB today and at a bare minimum there are still eight starting spots and depth everywhere needed.

Which, I should note, is in no way a complaint about today. Just really drives home the state of the team.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Not getting on you. But what kind of tweet is that? lol

Like the season starts tomorrow. 

At this point last season, the Texans didn't have a starting QB on their roster. I'd say they turned out ok. 

But anywho..off my soapbox. 

Any updates from the guy on who we’re looking at now? 

6 minutes ago, 615finest said:

Any updates from the guy on who we’re looking at now? 

Last heard from him around 10 where he just said "it was gonna be a busy day." Nothing specific. Said earlirer nothing we didn't know saying "Door is closed and a locked on Henry coming back." Didn't know Pollard was coming. 

So in summary...lol 

Naw I don't got nothing. 

11 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

It’s wild how many glaring holes are on the roster. We signed either RB-A or RB-B, a starting center and a starting CB today and at a bare minimum there are still eight starting spots and depth everywhere needed.

Which, I should note, is in no way a complaint about today. Just really drives home the state of the team.

Yeah, it’s just a fact there’ll be multiple below average starters on the team just because of how many holes we have to fill. Hopefully we add enough talent around those below average starters that it’s not a glaring, crippling weakness for us.

14 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

the last three years are a masterwork on how to dismantle a playoff roster.

B+ for today. Love the Cushenberry signing, like Awuzie, and meh on Pollard.

Dream the next couple days is some combination of Charles Leno, Darnell Mooney, Josh Uche, Jerome Baker, and Julian Blackmon.

16 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

B+ for today. Love the Cushenberry signing, like Awuzie, and meh on Pollard.

Dream the next couple days is some combination of Charles Leno, Darnell Mooney, Josh Uche, Jerome Baker, and Julian Blackmon.

I like this list. A few more guys I wouldn’t mind if we ended up with is DJ Reader, Kendall Fuller, CJ Gardner-Johnson, Kam Curl, Arik Armstead and Patrick Queen.

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

Going to need Baker or Queen at the other ILB spot to take the green dot.

Twitter heads don't like him. But he fits the mold of an attacking LB. 
Obviously still moves to be made. 
But I like him. Largely dependable and a consistently healthy player. 

Had a good year statistically for an ILB. 

FA for a reason. Has some warts to his game. Hopefully we can hide them well.  I see an upgraded version of Rashaan Evans. Take that for what it's worth..lol

I'll take it. 

Edited by KingTitan

2 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Twitter heads don't like him. But he fits the mold of an attacking LB. 
Obviously still moves to be made. 
But I like him. Largely dependable and a consistently healthy player. 

Had a good year statistically for an ILB. 

I'll take it. 

Explosive but a disaster in coverage. You can find a role for him, but you need a starting ILB that can communicate the plays and play coverage. Don’t love the use of funds, but it’s fine as long as he’s not the big signing at ILB.

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

Explosive but a disaster in coverage. You can find a role for him, but you need a starting ILB that can communicate the plays and play coverage. Don’t love the use of funds, but it’s fine as long as he’s not the big signing at ILB.

Yeah. I feel ya. 

But he is a starting level LB. Needed that.

He had the dot in LA.  I'm of course optimistic. 

Added needed speed. 

Edited by KingTitan