2024 Offseason Thread

KingTitan

3 minutes ago, Justin615$ said:

A downgrade from Azeez but hopefully we are still on Jerome Baker or someone else at ILB

I wouldn’t necessarily call him a downgrade, Azeez was some sh!t too, he couldn’t cover & though he had a lot of tackles majority of his tackles be at the 2nd level, he doesn’t meet guys in the hole or get TFL, he gets what we call cleanup tackles. Hopefully they have a plan because this doesn’t move me at all 

• Like 1

Baker would've been better. Not happy about the last one cause why even let David long go if we going to pay THIS GUY lmao. Just backwards 

I feel like we evenly traded DBs cause we lost smb. But I like the dawg Awuzie got

LOVE LOVE LOVE the Kush signing.

Wish Cincy didnt do us and joe dirty by cutting him LATE but I dig TP. Spears is still THE GUY but this is what a GOOD duo of RBs for the modern NFL looks like. What you need when you don't have a HOF RB lmao

READY for day 2. Cause we HAVE to replace Nico. Not a great idea letting him walk but is what it is. 

And Im hoping we go out and get TEE. It feels like we want him . HE WANTS TO BE HERE. But Cincy does hold the cards and we just saw how they did us with Mixon. 

But man oh man. The new era has truly started. Feels good

2 hours ago, VY-FTW said:

Baker would've been better. Not happy about the last one cause why even let David long go if we going to pay THIS GUY lmao. Just backwards 

I feel like we evenly traded DBs cause we lost smb. But I like the dawg Awuzie got

LOVE LOVE LOVE the Kush signing.

Wish Cincy didnt do us and joe dirty by cutting him LATE but I dig TP. Spears is still THE GUY but this is what a GOOD duo of RBs for the modern NFL looks like. What you need when you don't have a HOF RB lmao

READY for day 2. Cause we HAVE to replace Nico. Not a great idea letting him walk but is what it is. 

And Im hoping we go out and get TEE. It feels like we want him . HE WANTS TO BE HERE. But Cincy does hold the cards and we just saw how they did us with Mixon. 

But man oh man. The new era has truly started. Feels good

David long was let go by the old coaching staff, that was vrabel call. As for comparing SMB & Awuzie not even a fair comparison; SMB is trash he can’t do nothing unless he’s playing zone off coverage. 

38 minutes ago, Daniel said:

Why spend money on petty things like WRs, DLs, and OLs when you can spend money on a guy whose entire role is to hopefully not play at all?

I dont necessarily think Jameis is the ideal backup, but I have zero issue at all w/ us putting a proper investment in the backup QB role. Will can't be the only QB on our roster who can pass the ball beyond the LOS.

1 minute ago, deeluxx3 said:

I dont necessarily think Jameis is the ideal backup, but I have zero issue at all w/ us putting a proper investment in the backup QB role. Will can't be the only QB on our roster who can pass the ball beyond the LOS.

Sure he can.  We aren't hunting for the playoffs, so what's it matter if he misses a game and our QB sucks and loses the game for us?  Seriously?  What does being more competitive without our starting QB accomplish for this team?  Because I want to know.

Do yall think we're really in the playoff hunt already?  Spend the money on positions that play.

Just now, Daniel said:

Sure he can.  We aren't hunting for the playoffs, so what's it matter if he misses a game and our QB sucks and loses the game for us?  Seriously?  What does being more competitive without our starting QB accomplish for this team?  Because I want to know.

Do yall think we're really in the playoff hunt already?  Spend the money on positions that play.

what

then why even play Levis? Should we start Malik so we can guarantee the #1 overall pick and then pencil in 2025 as the year we start winning games? I wonder what Callahan and Carthon's opinion on that would be.

You're saying spend money on positions that play...but ultimately it still won't matter because we 100% won't be in the playoff hunt? Team building happens gradually over time, and having a serviceable backup is something 32 teams across the league desire. Who's to say we can/cannot compete next year? I think we're trending to being a more complete team on-paper, with a new coaching staff that hopefully breathes some life into the team. The NFL is such a fickle league year over year...and given how much backups have played the past few years, you don't want to be basically throwing in the towel on your season just cuz QB1 went down.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Daniel said:

People are so quick to conceed to losing. 

We won 6 games, with legit chances for more, that would have equaled a playoff appearance, despite what was called one of the worst rosters in football by so many of people here. 

A new offensive/team approach could lead to anything. 

Could win 2 games could win 9. 

But whatever. 

This response will get crapped on I'm sure but eh. 

• Like 2