2024 Offseason Thread

KingTitan

finishing out the FA group with armstead, baker, and a becton/similar tackle would give us a pretty remarkable amount of freedom in the draft. which is exactly what we should be aiming for.

2 hours ago, -Hope- said:

finishing out the FA group with armstead, baker, and a becton/similar tackle would give us a pretty remarkable amount of freedom in the draft. which is exactly what we should be aiming for.

It’s wild that there’s a very plausible path to me being excited about this team again lol.

2 hours ago, titans0021 said:

It’s wild that there’s a very plausible path to me being excited about this team again lol.

this is my fault for even paying attention, but i feel like i'm going insane seeing national media people go "what's the titans' plan??? what are they doing? such a goofy offseason" while we very aggressively address our most obvious needs. you can debate the quality of the signings and whether they'll work out, of course, but if anything this has been one of the most straightforward free agency periods i can remember for this team.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, -Hope- said:

the fact that we still have Dillard makes me think we aren't getting Becton or any other mid tier tackle.. we have him already in Dillard. I think they may honestly give Dillard another shot. Not to start but at least compete.

6 hours ago, -Hope- said:

this is my fault for even paying attention, but i feel like i'm going insane seeing national media people go "what's the titans' plan??? what are they doing? such a goofy offseason" while we very aggressively address our most obvious needs. you can debate the quality of the signings and whether they'll work out, of course, but if anything this has been one of the most straightforward free agency periods i can remember for this team.

From the outside, I guess I could maybe get the confusion if you have absolutely no understanding of the state of the team. To us, it’s obvious. You have $80 million in cap room and no significant extension candidates for the next two years, there’s literally a salary floor, so you’re just aggressively filling needs and adding talent. But if you don’t understand the cap and just assume we’re in the early stages of a complete rebuild, then it would be weird to see us being arguably the most aggressive team in FA.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, -Hope- said:

It's also funny when, prior to FA kicking off, twitter media acknowledge us as a team w/ a ton of $$ to spend and the narrative is "whoa the titans may be able to make some deals!!"

and then we make the deals and suddenly it's reckless

• Like 2

1 hour ago, twotonebluenation said:

I think June 1st.

I think yesterday was the deadline to either cut him or designate him as a June 1st cut, and neither happened.  So he's on the roster.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Daniel said:

I think yesterday was the deadline to either cut him or designate him as a June 1st cut, and neither happened.  So he's on the roster.

If the plan is to draft LT at 7 and let Charles/Brunskill duke it out for RG, then between Dillard, Npf, Duncan and Radunz, you should be able to field a RT..