52 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

My list of mistakes ranked:

1. Vince Young Drafted/Handling
  2. Hiring Ken Whisenhunt
  3. Drafting Jake Locker
  4. Drafting Chance Warmack
  5. Drafting Farley/Wilson
  6. Trading Brown

I think these are the franchise altering decisions that had ramifications felt throughout the organization that took seasons to overcome. 

I know I prob shouldn't have even brought this up as it's just more whining from me re: the AJ trade

But I just struggle to say that missing on a draft pick, esp when a guy was projected in the round we drafted him in, is a bigger mistake. AJ was a proven commodity and we traded him for what's proven to be less than a bag of peanuts (esp after drafting his "replacement" who is a total bum)

yes drafting a QB that busts is a huge issue/problem. And yes QB is the most important player in the locker room. But we traded the best WR this team has ever had before he entered his prime years and got zero in return (and has consistently performed at a very high level for his new team)

• Like 4

3 hours ago, deeluxx3 said:

I just feel like the writing is already on the wall for Burks

I know Cally spoke him up on radio last week, but then we immediately bring in Zay Jones and Tyler Boyd for workouts. Maybe something/maybe nothing...but are there any of us who'd take Burks over either Zay or Tyler at this point? I wouldn't.

Maybe we are just finally moving into modern football and acquiring depth at a high tier position.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, deeluxx3 said:

I know I prob shouldn't have even brought this up as it's just more whining from me re: the AJ trade

But I just struggle to say that missing on a draft pick, esp when a guy was projected in the round we drafted him in, is a bigger mistake. AJ was a proven commodity and we traded him for what's proven to be less than a bag of peanuts (esp after drafting his "replacement" who is a total bum)

yes drafting a QB that busts is a huge issue/problem. And yes QB is the most important player in the locker room. But we traded the best WR this team has ever had before he entered his prime years and got zero in return (and has consistently performed at a very high level for his new team)

😖😖😖😭😭😭

6 hours ago, deeluxx3 said:

Ah, its just conversation. 

But for me, some of those other things just sent ripples throughout the organization. Missing on the QB's. Hiring the wrong HC to me kind of compounded into years of just floundering. 

Even without AJ that year we were leading the division and controlling our destiny, even up until the last game. Burks was flashing here and there and then Eagles game happened and just downhill. 

To me those other mistakes just totally set back the organization, opposed from missing a dominant WR. 
One could argue the essence of the trade (not the player) was more damaging. A clear and defined opposing view between Robinson and Vrabel, hurting the relationship beyond repair. Thinking of it from that angle, I'd move it up the list. 

6 hours ago, twotonebluenation said:

Maybe we are just finally moving into modern football and acquiring depth at a high tier position.

Yeah. I think it's just weird for us to think of having more than 2 capable WRs. Vrabel era, it was like how is there room for 3 able WRs. lol

But I think with Cally, having 4 WRs that can go is the bare minimum.  

Me and Ron Slay are riding on the Burks train. I still believe in him and it will be so sweet to see him do well. lol

11 hours ago, KingTitan said:

Yeah. I think it's just weird for us to think of having more than 2 capable WRs. Vrabel era, it was like how is there room for 3 able WRs. lol

But I think with Cally, having 4 WRs that can go is the bare minimum.  

Me and Ron Slay are riding on the Burks train. I still believe in him and it will be so sweet to see him do well. lol

I honestly think we had more than 3 capable WR’s when we had CD, AJ, Hump, & Raymond. The problem was we got away from it too soon, instead of trying to run it back & build off it, they went all in for Julio trading a 2nd round pick, let Raymond walk in FA, we cut hump understandably why, but that to me was the best WR core we had since Mason, Bennett & McCarins 

1 minute ago, twotonebluenation said:

Justin Simmons, Best available Tackle and Edge depth. Beautiful offseason.

I don't think we are going for any significant tackle. You are going to let the 3 guys or so battle it out for RT. 

• Like 1

On 4/29/2024 at 7:20 PM, seminoles1 said:

Give me Tyler Boyd, Justin Simmons, and Yannick Ngakoue please.

1 down, 2 to go.

Give me Simmons on a 2 year, $28 million deal and Ngakoue on a 1 year, $5 million deal.

• Like 1

On 5/6/2024 at 3:49 PM, deeluxx3 said:

Couple days late, but I’m with dee. The AJB trade was my worst decision of the Titans era. We can look at bad draft picks that probably had a greater negative effect on the franchise. But that’s our hindsight. VY and Locker weren’t reaches. Farley wasn’t either. If we didn’t take them when we did, they would’ve been off the board quickly after. Whisenhunt was terrible, but I don’t actually know how big of a negative he was on the franchise. 

You just didn’t even need hindsight for the AJB trade. I was more angry at that trade than almost any loss that we’ve ever had. I threw my phone and just went into a long, expletive filled rant as soon as I saw the tweet. In a contending window, we traded an elite receiver that was about to enter his prime. Against the wishes of our head coach. That’s just so dumb that I can’t compare bad draft picks with the sheer stupidity.

• Like 1

Moving into more positive, I really am impressed with the way Ran went out and made this team interesting.  Given how talent deprived this roster was, he’s absolutely given us a chance to compete for a playoff spot if Levi’s hits.

There are still holes. Obviously. But for a team that was littered with them, if we can add three more players (S, Edge, ILB), there’s a real path to competiveness.