Week 16: Packers @ Panthers - GB wins 33-30! Joe Barry defense saved by the clock!

FAH1223

Have to assume today's performance will continue the defense DVOA free fall for GB, not that there is much further they can fall.

It was good to see Love and the offense put together the drive to win the game.  They also learned a valuable lesson in that 19 seconds is the maximum amount of time they can ever leave remaining on the clock.  Not 20 seconds.  The number is 19.

• Like 2

In addition to reinforcing how bad the defense is, this game also showed that GB cannot go into next season with Dillon as the primary RB.  I get that the thumb is an issue right now, but that dude is so damn slow getting himself up to speed.  The differences between watching Dillon and Jones hit the holes at the LOS is jarring.

• Like 4

To change the narrative slightly. I think Love has proved he IS the guy going forward. He has great calm in the pocket and isn't afraid to throw a good pass with a defensive lineman bearing down on him.

Up until this week I've been hopeful, but wouldn't commit, but, after this week I'm testifying. There will still be some ups and downs, but we have our guy.

Oh, and the middle of the field is not the no-fly zone it used to be.

Edited by OneTwoSixFive
  • Like 6

35 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

In addition to reinforcing how bad the defense is, this game also showed that GB cannot go into next season with Dillon as the primary RB.  I get that the thumb is an issue right now, but that dude is so damn slow getting himself up to speed.  The differences between watching Dillon and Jones hit the holes at the LOS is jarring.

Agreed.  Need to find an RB in the same mold as Jones.