Week 16: San Francisco 49ers vs Baltimore Ravens

J-ALL-DAY

16 minutes ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

99% Kyle probably doesn't have a team this good again. Hopefully with a mostly healthy squad the playoffs will essentially just be a coronation instead of a competition for the 49ers. Like it was in 1989.

I like the 1994 playoffs as the only team in question was the Cowboys. I don't think this years playoffs is a coronation as the AFC foes are a real threat.

9 minutes ago, NFL Network said:

I like the 1994 playoffs as the only team in question was the Cowboys. I don't think this years playoffs is a coronation as the AFC foes are a real threat.

We'll see. If the 49ers clobber Baltimore they'll be heavy favorites the rest of the way against anybody including an AFC foe health permitting. 

Edited by TecmoSuperJoe

5 minutes ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

We'll see. If the 49ers clobber Baltimore they'll be heavy favorites the rest of the way against anybody including an AFC foe health permitting. 

I don't really think they need to clobber the Ravens but if the Ravens have their way with the Niners then it would make sense to root for someone in the AFC to take them down so there's no re-match in the SB. Like I said at this time the only AFC foes I fear are the Ravens, Bills & Chiefs and it's b/c of the mobile QB's & pass rush from their respective defenses. As for the the other AFC playoff teams I'll just bring them on especially the Dolphins as it will be another version of the 1994 Chargers all over again lol!

34 minutes ago, NFL Network said:

As far as the NFC goes, there's no team that we shouldn't be able to beat handily if we play up to our capabilities.

I just don't see either Detroit, Dallas, or Philly giving us much resistant at this point.

So, our toughest game would be in the SB if we get there (I never take anything for granted).

But as far as the NFC side of things, we're head & shoulders above the teams who seem to be at the top of the seeding.

I think the coronation part of @TecmoSuperJoe post is valid.

22 minutes ago, 757-NINER said:

As far as the NFC goes, there's no team that we shouldn't be able to beat handily if we play up to our capabilities.

I just don't see either Detroit, Dallas, or Philly giving us much resistant at this point.

So, our toughest game would be in the SB if we get there (I never take anything for granted).

But as far as the NFC side of things, we're head & shoulders above the teams who seem to be at the top of the seeding.

I think the coronation part of @TecmoSuperJoe post is valid.

Coming out of the AFC then who do you think is the main competition out of the Ravens, Bills & Chiefs? It's basically those 3 teams as I don't fear the Dolphins as I know we'd see Tua drop some deep balls into Tyreek Hill & Co but I think the Niners would score at will on the Dolphins defense.

11 minutes ago, NFL Network said:

Coming out of the AFC then who do you think is the main competition out of the Ravens, Bills & Chiefs? It's basically those 3 teams as I don't fear the Dolphins as I know we'd see Tua drop some deep balls into Tyreek Hill & Co but I think the Niners would score at will on the Dolphins defense.

Monday's game will tell me a lot but right now, I think the Bills & Ravens are the two toughest matchups for us from the AFC.

Mahomes makes the Chiefs formidable in any contest, but that offense isn't as scary as it has been in previous years.

Wouldn't surprise if the Bengals came out of the AFC though.

That's very random, I know.

I would love to get another crack at them for the Lombardi.

We need to win this game, as its most likely the SB match up. And I think we do get the win, as other offenses have scored on them. My only worry is that we are without a TE, and our starting DTs. I wonder if they have any interest in Ertz or Suh. I wouldnt mind having them for the rest of the way.

1 hour ago, 757-NINER said:

Monday's game will tell me a lot but right now, I think the Bills & Ravens are the two toughest matchups for us from the AFC.

Mahomes makes the Chiefs formidable in any contest, but that offense isn't as scary as it has been in previous years.

Wouldn't surprise if the Bengals came out of the AFC though.

That's very random, I know.

I would love to get another crack at them for the Lombardi.

Well you & I are on the same page as I do think the Ravens game will give us some answers about the Niners.

Also I'm basically pulling for the Dolphins to win the AFC East b/c if that happens it will most likely keep the Bills out of the playoffs as the Bills don't have any wildcard tie breakers and will need lots of help to get in as a wildcard team. All the Dolphins need to do is beat the Bills in the final week and it clinches the AFC East regardless how they fare against the Cowboys & Ravens games prior to the finale against the Bills.

As for the Bengals yes I'd love for them to get in but not sure about how they fare in the AFC wildcard standings. And if the Bengals came out of the AFC and the Niners out of the NFC then we can basically call it a coronation bowl for the Niners lol!

7 minutes ago, Tank4Drake said:

Tournament: Underdog Bestball Mania IV

Starting Teams: 667,000

Grand Prize: 3,000,000

This team has reached the Final 6,800 Teams. Wish me luck. I would have to beat 15 different teams in Week 16, and 431 Teams in Week 17. The odds are still 0.001%. Although the odds of making this far are 0.0000001%. 

Unfortunately Ridder has been benched.  He was a pretty good fantasy player at Home believe it or not. Now I need two absolute monster games by Purdy. 

IMG-6747.jpg

Don’t let me down Brock. 

Edited by Tank4Drake
  • Like 2

Don't wana jinx it...was being bad with mobile QB's a Saleh/Ryans thing not applicable to Wilks? 

We've done well against all the mobile QBs this year. Jones, Lawrence, Hurts, Murray The only QB who really carved us up with their legs was Burrow, but that was just a horrible game by the defense all around. 

4 hours ago, 49ersfan said:

Don't wana jinx it...was being bad with mobile QB's a Saleh/Ryans thing not applicable to Wilks? 

We've done well against all the mobile QBs this year. Jones, Lawrence, Hurts, Murray The only QB who really carved us up with their legs was Burrow, but that was just a horrible game by the defense all around. 

We've been up by so much in most games that a qb run doesn't hurt us as much. I don't think it is Wilks as much as how good the offense has been making it difficult for the other offenses. IMO of course.

Not trying to be Debbie downer by any means but has anyone else noticed the tackling this year just has not been very good? Or is that just my imagination?