WEEK 16: 7-7 Denver Broncos vs 3-11 New England Patriots - Sunday Dec 24th @ 6:15pm MST

Dbrog24

On 12/23/2023 at 12:12 PM, jolly red giant said:

I have a sneaky feeling that the wheels are going to come off. The Lions brought the team down with a bump last week and I think that teams have figured out how to play the Broncos. It could just as easily got 0-3 for the last three games as 3-0.

The problem is our offense is just too easy to defend against. We refuse to attack the intermediate middle of the field. So teams stack a safety in the box to stop the running game and we NEVER make them pay for it. 

Also, I’m not sure what the numbers actually say, but the eyeball test tells me that our offensive line does a poor job of getting any kind of push at the LOS. 

Also number two, I’m willing to bet we are among the worst teams in the league at picking up running backs in the flat and covering tight ends in the intermediate zone. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

For the first time since I was in high school, we’re playing the Patriots and I’m not thinking “oh f**** let’s just hope we keep it close.”

I was never too scared of NE in the 2000's and 10's. However, when they played NE in 2008, 09, and 11, I knew that they were the underdog. 

On 12/23/2023 at 12:12 PM, jolly red giant said:

I have a sneaky feeling that the wheels are going to come off. The Lions brought the team down with a bump last week and I think that teams have figured out how to play the Broncos. It could just as easily got 0-3 for the last three games as 3-0.

U a Vegas bookie? Good call sir good call

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, 1234567 said:

The problem is our offense is just too easy to defend against. We refuse to attack the intermediate middle of the field. So teams stack a safety in the box to stop the running game and we NEVER make them pay for it. 

Also, I’m not sure what the numbers actually say, but the eyeball test tells me that our offensive line does a poor job of getting any kind of push at the LOS. 

Also number two, I’m willing to bet we are among the worst teams in the league at picking up running backs in the flat and covering tight ends in the intermediate zone. 

I just looked it up because I was feeling the same way about our offensive line's run blocking. We're slightly above average in yards per rush (4.2 yards per rush). It really doesn't feel like we're that good though. Maybe those numbers are inflated due to russ's runs? 

9 minutes ago, grizmo78 said:

I just looked it up because I was feeling the same way about our offensive line's run blocking. We're slightly above average in yards per rush (4.2 yards per rush). It really doesn't feel like we're that good though. Maybe those numbers are inflated due to russ's runs? 

I feel like it’s probably a combination of Russ with a few long ones that we pop off occasionally. But by and large, it feels like every time we run the ball, it’s a 3 yard play. Some of it could be that we’re running into 8-9 man boxes and there’s just too many defenders to block. 

• Like 1