QB Options 2024

Humble_Beast

44 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Don't twist my words. Not saying Michigan didn't have some stuff going on. I'm saying uou continue to downplay McCarthy's ability as "he knew all the calls" which is nonsense. 

We're to believe what? That defenses didn't change calls per situation. That he didn't make the read and throws, etc? And we'll just ignore this all happened in October and they still went on to win the championship. 

So your argument is what exactly? McCarthy knew all the defensive calls and that's why he excelled on 3rd downs? To which again, I say is nonsense. 

Lol you literally said "there is no truth to this" when I said they cheated. That's not twisting anything lol.

I've said many times it's hard to evaluate McCarthy bc he knew everything which is true. I've also provided stats to suggest it's a valid concern which you laughingly called it me being biased lol. Yeah, providing stats is "bias". 

Defenses didn't know what was going on. There's literally proof of Stalions having signals on laminated sheets lol. I'm not ignoring October and beyond lol. I've highlighted what happened then and you called it me being biased lol. 7 games, 170 YPG, 4 TDs, 1 INT. That's what happened. 

My argument, if you actually choose to read it this time (it's only the 10th time I've said it) is we don't know what he is exactly bc he knew everything the defense was doing and when he didn't, he didn't perform nearly as well. 

The Chicago Bears are pushing forward with trading quarterback Justin Fields and could do so within the next week, according to a report by Albert Breer of Sports Illustrated.

The Bears are expected to be hashing out details of a trade at the NFL Combine in Indianapolis next week.

“I think the bones of the trade will be set next week,” Breer said in a appearance on ESPN 1000 in Chicago on Friday. “There’s some urgency on the Bears part to get something done.”

https://www.wpxi.com/news/local/chicago-bears-moving-quickly-justin-fields-trade-could-be-done-next-week/UUQHDZO4DRCM3DWX2IWFTWR4XI/

are you guys being mentioned as a potential trade target for Fields?

and i read your chitter chatter about McCarthy.... don't sweat evaluating him too much, as he'll be a Viking! lol

1 hour ago, vike daddy said:

The Chicago Bears are pushing forward with trading quarterback Justin Fields and could do so within the next week, according to a report by Albert Breer of Sports Illustrated.

The Bears are expected to be hashing out details of a trade at the NFL Combine in Indianapolis next week.

“I think the bones of the trade will be set next week,” Breer said in a appearance on ESPN 1000 in Chicago on Friday. “There’s some urgency on the Bears part to get something done.”

https://www.wpxi.com/news/local/chicago-bears-moving-quickly-justin-fields-trade-could-be-done-next-week/UUQHDZO4DRCM3DWX2IWFTWR4XI/

are you guys being mentioned as a potential trade target for Fields?

and i read your chitter chatter about McCarthy.... don't sweat evaluating him too much, as he'll be a Viking! lol

I think it comes down to Raider, Steelers, Falcons 

3 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

I think it comes down to Raider, Steelers, Falcons 

Vikings would love it if the Falcons took him, they're competition in moving up.

but then, fine with me if he ends up on the Raiders, and the Falcons sign Cousins. that would be two teams out of our way.

2 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

Vikings would love it if the Falcons took him, they're competition in moving up.

but then, fine with me if he ends up on the Raiders, and the Falcons sign Cousins. that would be two teams out of our way.

who you want the Vikings to take?

2 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

who you want the Vikings to take?

McCarthy. i think he would jive the best with what we need, and O'Connell's ability to mentor him. i'd love to have Daniels or Maye, but the cost of it being at least three 1st rounders to do it is just too much to handle.

i'd pass on Nix or Penix, for different reasons.

the bigger debate among Viking fans is whether to attempt to keep Cousins, or say thank you and let him move on.

16 hours ago, big_palooka said:

I don't put a ton of stock in the senior bowl. Thought he looked tight early on and loosened up as the week went on. It's hard for QBs trying to build chemistry on the fly with a new group of WRs. 

Finished fine, played well in the game. Nice TD pass that showed what he can do on the move and his only incompletion was a dime the WR couldn't track

Big accurate arm on display on this one. 60 yard dot here in the air.

I think Nix has a good skillset but I don't like his age and the offense he played in at Oregon. I would be fine taking him in the 2nd though.

• Like 2

On 2/24/2024 at 5:16 PM, massraider said:

It's funny, because Telesco and AP are in year 1, I don't think they are as likely to push for a huge trade up. McDaniels and Zeigler in year 3 would for sure have been pushing for a big deal up. 

I see it the other way around...

I mean they must have at least 2 year job security now, so they should draft a QB, whom they have the time to develope...
If you draft a QB on your last leg and he needs developement, you might not survive long enough for that...

Now they can sell the house, because they would sell their own for the next two drafts...

• Like 1

17 hours ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

Lol you literally said "there is no truth to this" when I said they cheated. That's not twisting anything lol.

I've said many times it's hard to evaluate McCarthy bc he knew everything which is true. I've also provided stats to suggest it's a valid concern which you laughingly called it me being biased lol. Yeah, providing stats is "bias". 

Defenses didn't know what was going on. There's literally proof of Stalions having signals on laminated sheets lol. I'm not ignoring October and beyond lol. I've highlighted what happened then and you called it me being biased lol. 7 games, 170 YPG, 4 TDs, 1 INT. That's what happened. 

My argument, if you actually choose to read it this time (it's only the 10th time I've said it) is we don't know what he is exactly bc he knew everything the defense was doing and when he didn't, he didn't perform nearly as well. 

Except it's all speculation. The sign stealing allegations were pointed at the Michigan Defense.

Defenses match what the offense is doing. You're telling me you believe the Michigan offense lined up then looked at hand signals after the defense matched them, then changed the play for McCarthy to be successful? You know how ridiculous that sounds?

It's nearly impossible for an offense to know how a defense is going to play them based on personnel, down and distance. Then actually execute the play. 

And the stats you keep posting, pretty easy to see why that would be considering they played 5 ranked opponents on the way to winning a championship. And how they played those games to wear teams down with their superior run game. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Except it's all speculation. The sign stealing allegations were pointed at the Michigan Defense.

Defenses match what the offense is doing. You're telling me you believe the Michigan offense lined up then looked at hand signals after the defense matched them, then changed the play for McCarthy to be successful? You know how ridiculous that sounds?

It's nearly impossible for an offense to know how a defense is going to play them based on personnel, down and distance. Then actually execute the play. 

And the stats you keep posting, pretty easy to see why that would be considering they played 5 ranked opponents on the way to winning a championship. And how they played those games to wear teams down with their superior run game. 

It's not speculation. It literally happened and the NCAA has said just as much lol. Stalions was always around Moore as well but I'm sure they were talking about defense. Who's the biased one out of us, again? 

Yep, that looks like that is what happened. Sorry, you can call it ridiculous all you want but what happened when they didn't scout TCU? What happened when they lost Stalions? You can sit here all you want and call it ridiculous but the evidence points to it being true. 51 to TCU!! lol They lost by more than that the next game. JJ was trash as well. 

It's not impossible to know what the defense is doing when you're literally stealing their signals being called in from the sidelines lol. WTF

Oh, so he plays like garbage against good college defenses? You think that is going to be a positive for when he has to play NFL defenses? Oh boy.....

Who is the biased one again? The guy w/ the JJ profile pic that is making excuses or me? How can we search for your posts on Spygate? I'd be very interested in your thoughts on that. Maybe it will tell us who the biased person really is.....

Oh, and the offense definitely didn't cheat.... nope.... no way.... Not like McCarthy admitted to such or anything.

Edited by BobbyPhil1781

8 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

I think Nix has a good skillset but I don't like his age and the offense he played in at Oregon. I would be fine taking him in the 2nd though.

The second would be great for Nix. IMO, he's got the best head on his shoulders in this draft and more than enough ability but, like you, the offense he played in is a little concerning.  He's very smart, plenty athletic enough, and age doesn't really bother me if he doesn't take multiple years to get it which I don't think he would.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

It's not speculation

It's speculation to state that the offense and JJ McCarthy benefited from the scandal when the defense is the one who reportedly benefited. How are you not getting this? You said his 3rd down stats are directly related to this scandal which is complete speculation. 

Show me where anyone talks about Michigan knowing the opposing defense being ran and benefiting that way. 

And McCarthy is 100% correct. Nearly every school steals signs. The lengths they went to do it is what everyone is frowning on. Simple fix... ditch hand signals and embrace technology and call plays to the QBs helmet. 

11 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

A lot of people are like “ignore logic bro, you don’t know what you talking about because you don’t watch all the college games of every team” blah blah 

Just now, Humble_Beast said:

A lot of people are like “ignore logic bro, you don’t know what you talking about because you don’t watch all the college games of every team” blah blah 

I honestly would rather gamble on Rattler in the 2nd over Nix, Pennix. A bit more risky but need a higher ceiling QB