QB Options 2024

Humble_Beast

6 hours ago, Darbsk said:

Yeh, though I will say that I’d rather them stay put and just take BPA at each pick if they are not convinced by the QB prospects that are available or we are able to move to pick. Rather that than reach on a prospect that they don’t think will be a franchise QB just so they take a QB if you know what I mean.

I’m all for taking a QB if the FO genuinely feels he’s the right guy but to take a QB just to take one would be a mistake imo, I don’t think it’d be catastrophic (though can you imagine the takes on here 😁), worst case then is you are in a holding pattern for a year but we can manoeuvre into position to take a top prospect next year having built up the roster a bit more. Not ideal, but not mortgaging our future.

Perhaps catastrophic is too strong a word!

I suppose what I meant by that was relating to optics and how bad that would be for a new GM to come out of a draft everyone expects them to draft a QB in coming away empty handed.

Its slightly loaded too as I like Nix!

But you’re right. It wouldn’t be a disaster if we came away with say one of the top DTs or Olinemen and just carried on improving a team that has some pretty good foundation pieces already…

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

He was a raw prospect put on a win now team. Duh. Don’t just learn to read, apply logic and comprehension 

Lance has hardly played football for the last 5 years

18 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

What you expect them to say. McDaniels talked a good game, I need results 

Nah, this is different. McDaniels spoke political speak, and was content with bandaid QB's, it was evident. 

This is the first time I've seen a coach and GM (for us) come out and straight up say "we're not good enough without a QB of the future, and all other QB's won't work".  McKennzie was the last closest one to publicly state something close to this. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Geezy said:

What would you give up to move to 3? 

Depends if Maye or Williams is there. I’d be willing to part with 2 or 3 firsts. I’d like to keep the seconds if possible. I wouldn’t do that for Daniels. A slight frame running QB with one great season with a fantastic supporting cast doesn’t give me a lot of confidence. I’d rather trade to like 8 or 9 and take JJ for less. 

50 minutes ago, Chali21 said:

Depends if Maye or Williams is there. I’d be willing to part with 2 or 3 firsts. I’d like to keep the seconds if possible. I wouldn’t do that for Daniels. A slight frame running QB with one great season with a fantastic supporting cast doesn’t give me a lot of confidence. I’d rather trade to like 8 or 9 and take JJ for less. 

If Maye was still there at #3, I'd be tempted to offer up Maxx and Davante and see if the Pats go for it. If not, then some sort of picks-package. I wouldn't offer anything for Williams (he's gonna bust) and I'm not sold on Daniels as being a long-term viable starter in the league with his (lack of) size.

6 hours ago, Chali21 said:

You’re gonna give up three first round picks for people with huge red flags?

these are the type of QBs that you pick if you’re there, but you don’t mortgage the future for them.

8 hours ago, NickButera said:

Nah, this is different. McDaniels spoke political speak, and was content with bandaid QB's, it was evident. 

This is the first time I've seen a coach and GM (for us) come out and straight up say "we're not good enough without a QB of the future, and all other QB's won't work".  McKennzie was the last closest one to publicly state something close to this. 

Josh McDaniels addressed the Broncos as a team. “Fellas, don't worry about the quarterback situation. I can turn a high school quarterback into an All-Pro,” McDaniels reportedly told Broncos players, per Nate Jackson writing for Defector Media.

• Like 1