Draft Discussion 2.0

FGK

On 12/22/2017 at 7:18 PM, pnies20 said:

No josh Allen discussion??? What has this place become

As a person who watches the Broncos -- Josh Allen to me screams Paxton Lynch. A supremely raw prospect with all of the tools but makes so many mistakes (Accuracy) because he just has too many mental lapses. Its like he is physically 'all there' but still so far away from a Xs and Os mental standpoint. I really really really question his accuracy and ability to read defenses which is both of the things that make Lynch/Kizer fail.

Is there any pass rushing DE/DT hybrid who can rush the passer? A elite prospect of Larry Ogunjobi if you will?

When you look at all good defenses they can get pressure up the middle. The Eagles have Brandon Graham, Cinci has Atkins, Jacksonville has Malik Jackson and Rams have Donald. Is there one of those types in the top 15?

I dont think Bradley Chubb would work since Ogbah played extremely well until his injury. I just dont think you create a log jam there with Garrett/Ogbah/Chubb who all cant be on the field together.

Darnold is the #1 overall pick. Period. There is no discussion about Jackson, Mayfield, Allen, or Rosen. Only real discussion to be had is who do we pick at #4,5 or 6? I got:

1 Darnold - Should be our #1. Will be gone.
2 Fitzpatrick - A position of need and the kid is flat out talented. Could cover every DB position. 
3 O. Brown - I've been reading up on him and watching his games. Adding this type of talent to the tackle position is never a bad idea. Plus drafting the "Heir Apparent" to Joe Thomas would be an excellent idea. He'll be watching Darnold's back for years to come. 
4 Barkley - A luxury but I'd happily pick him and not think twice. 
5 Chubbs - Don't need but could be BPA when we pick. 
6 Nelson - We have two of the highest paid guards in the league. I'm not seeing the value drafting a guard here. 
7 Trade back for a team that wants Baker Mayfield. - If we have to choice between Nelson, Chubbs or Trading, I might want to trade back. Add picks and look for a WR, RB, etc. 
8 Rosen - Don't Need. Don't want. He doesn't want to be here and I'd love to see Garrett sack the cocky turd anyways. 

I'd be looking for Ridley or Sutton at WR if we could trade up on the cheap. 

Lastly, tell me I'm crazy but I want Troy Fumagalli in the mid rounds. 

That is all

Mastercheddaar

And when you look at it my friend made a good point 

Lamar Jackson’s has had much less injuries than Rosen

Rosens missed basically a year and is gonna be out this game too

Lamar hasn’t missed a snap since getting in as a freshman 

I Love Lamar man but I got really judge QBs it seems by this dumb *** avatar ? 

4 minutes ago, brownie man said:

I have injury worries with both of them in the pros. But one guy is clearly a very good pro prospect and the other is a dude with amazing running ability that can throw a pretty deep ball and has a 57% career completion percentage. When you run as well as him, and are twice the athlete of anyone else on the field, I don't know how you don't take advantage of the dozen easy layups a game you get to inflate that percentage a bit more.

8 minutes ago, brownie man said:

Another 9 months with that sweetheart for an avi lol.

I also need to think we need to elevate the QBs depending on who the HC and OC is. 

If it’s Hue, Browns might need to sign a guy liken cousins or draft the QB with the best mechanics and is the most pro ready because we know Hue and Co won’t properly coach them or develop them. 

Not gonna lie a Lamar and Barkley Combo would be extremely interesting 

Archived