Draft Discussion 2.0

FGK

2 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

That's really weird, I had a dream that you were having that dream as I sat there and watched you sleep. You woke up angry in my dream and I assumed it was because of me I'm glad to find out it was because of Barkley. See you tonight.

Woah Deju vu... I think I dreamed of this once...

36 minutes ago, Mind Character said:

A lot has been made about LB Tremaine Edmunds out of Va Tech...and rightfully so as he is one of the best players in the draft.

However, his brother FS Terrell Edmunds is a top 3 FS in the draft who is a tremendous tackler, urgent and instinctual mover, high motor, and great competitor.

I've really started to dig into his game.

He has some hip stiffness, and is not all that smooth at transitioning via change of direction, but there is just so much to like.

I'd love him as a FS target 3rd round and on as I believe he has starter impact upside.

Hmm... could have picked a better game tape for him. His awareness was very poor in this game, and he was constantly sitting back and waiting. He also missed some tackles and looked a bit slow. Have I covered it all? ?.

Another game tape that you recommend?

2 hours ago, NudeTayne said:

Hmm... could have picked a better game tape for him. His awareness was very poor in this game, and he was constantly sitting back and waiting. He also missed some tackles and looked a bit slow. Have I covered it all? ?.

Another game tape that you recommend?

I had him going late 4th and 5th round in my mocks for a reason: he's not a world beater.

Quote: "He has some hip stiffness, and is not all that smooth at transitioning via change of direction, but there is just so much to like."

"He is a tremendous tackler, urgent and instinctual mover, high motor, and great competitor."

In that game, I saw multiple PDs, instinctual run cue reading, sound/physical in run support physical press slot coverage, and ability to range in the deep post.

There were also negatives....taking the bait on a play action, falling prey to a pick play for a TD. I only saw 1 missed tackle but many sure tackles. I didn't see sitting back and waiting. He's not all that fast, but he did run down their RB from behind when that RB had two steps.

4 hours ago, Thomas5737 said:

That's really weird, I had a dream that you were having that dream as I sat there and watched you sleep. You woke up angry in my dream and I assumed it was because of me I'm glad to find out it was because of Barkley. See you tonight.

As long as you big spoon me until I stop crying it is ok. 

28 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

How much do you realistically expect the Browns to attack FA this year and does anybody have a list of FAs that are 100% going to be availiable?

Not much.

There isn't a lot out there.

Here's one take at the top 50...pretty sure it doesn't get better after that:

http://abcnews.go.com/Sports/ranking-top-50-potential-nfl-free-agents-2018/story?id=52412654

32 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

How much do you realistically expect the Browns to attack FA this year and does anybody have a list of FAs that are 100% going to be availiable?

They keep saying over and over again that they'll be slinging some money around.

38 minutes ago, bruceb said:

Not much.

There isn't a lot out there.

Here's one take at the top 50...pretty sure it doesn't get better after that:

http://abcnews.go.com/Sports/ranking-top-50-potential-nfl-free-agents-2018/story?id=52412654

Well where I can see the Browns making their money at is veteran cuts. Like how we got McCourty who played a fantastic role this season.

I keep hearing two names from the beat writers I follow. The Broncos are looking to trade Talib because of his $$$ and if they cant find a trade partner--they will dump him. Also, another rumor from the same team thats floating around is that Emmanual Sanders is as good as gone. So there are 2 big names that the Browns could go hard after that fill two things. 1) Talent and 2) Veteran.

7 hours ago, buno67 said:

Woah Deju vu... I think I dreamed of this once...

I had a dream that I was on the sidelines for the Browns preseason game and Emmanuel Sanders caught a TD pass for us on a inside slant. I remember running up and down the sidelines screaming tugging on coaches shirts asking them 'Wait! When did we get Emmanuel Sanders?! How did he get here?! Why is nobody answering meeee!!!!"

Considering 5 days later I see a tweet from a Broncos beat writer that Sanders is probably going to be cut...I think my dream I had is coming to fruition somehow in some parallel universe upside down sunken place.

21 minutes ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

Pure? :D, This guy is all media-driven

Maybe so I can't really call it

When I've watched him in drills at the senior bowl I dont see anything too special looks like a great athlete though 

I'm more so saying he offers a different skillset than Chubb

23 hours ago, brownie man said:

They said Dorsey may have interest in Davenport

man I was thinking that the other day in terms of options at 4

Minkah isnt a true corner or FS

Chubb is good but I'm not sure if hes a superstar and hes really similar to Ogbah

Barkley whether hes there and if you values getting running backs that high

So Davenport offers that pure pass rush ability from your third end that would allow you to have Ogbah move in on 3rd down and have pure pass rushing on the outside

I wouldnt mind it he sounds like a great athlete so we'll see. Hes a name to look out for though 

22 hours ago, Mind Character said:

Davenport over Chubb would be absolute madness.

Don't fall for the all star game buzz.

There's a lot to like about Davenport, but I'd bet anything that we're not looking at him at 4 one bit.

He's a earlier 2nd round guy that will get consideration mid 1st round from a lot of teams (Just like Emmanuel Ogbah did coming out).

If he trade beyond pick 15 somewhere, he could bean option, but i just don't see it.

He's definitely a player Dorsey and co. would like.

4 hours ago, brownie man said:

Maybe so I can't really call it

When I've watched him in drills at the senior bowl I dont see anything too special looks like a great athlete though 

I'm more so saying he offers a different skillset than Chubb

Same thing with Allen, all theses guys are doing is pushing their own agendas. If anything we can get a guy like Josh Sweat from FSU for a lot cheaper pick.

Archived