Draft Discussion 2.0

FGK

6 hours ago, Mind Character said:

Mark Walton RB Miami is a less explosive, lesser speed, smaller, not as good version of Kareem Hunt.

They both have exceptional contact balance, and I now have him as my number 3 RB in the draft behind Saquon Barkley, Ronald Jones, Rashaad Penny, and then Mark Walton.

He's so strong in the legs.

Dorsey probably gets him 3rd or 4th round.

If he is that much of a lesser hunt, he isn’t worth a 3rd or 4th and would be a RB I wouldn’t want

On 1/29/2018 at 9:16 AM, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I’ve been watching a bit of “tape” on Tremaine Edmunds and I’m a fan. Like, wouldn’t be mad if he was the pick at 4 type of a fan.

Kid is a freak and is like 19-20 years old. He’s the type of second level stud all good teams have and he’s not yet tapped his potential imo. Julian Peterson level versatility perhaps.

I'd hate if we picked him at #4. LBer is not a primary position in the NFL and you do not waste top 10 picks on a secondary position if you can avoid it, which would indicate that the draft is an incredible weak one.

I see only 2 options depending on what our HC and OC want to run as an offense, for the #4 overall pick:

1) we trade the pick to a QB desperate team if one is willing to pay the price for the #4 pick. It would require a QB to be available, worth the price required to move up and we would still have to remain in the top 10 after the trade.

2) we simply take Barkley at #4 and let the running attack carry us till our QB drafted #1 overall reaches a point around game 7 to 9, where he can be effective as well. 

If we cannot trade down and still remain in the top 10 and Barkley is off the boards having been picked before the #4 pick, then we will have to rely on Dorsey's ability as a drafter to get us a stud at another primary position. Who that might be is anybody's guess???

Archived