Kirk Cousins ends run with Vikings, signs with ATL (p.36)

vike daddy

10 minutes ago, vikesfan89 said:

It's improving by the hour though

Is it? Hunter and Wonnum to Greenard and Van Ginkel. Seems like a wash at best. And there isn’t a single QB that will be better than Kirk this year. They obviously have to draft a QB and hope they get a franchise QB.

7 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

Is it? Hunter and Wonnum to Greenard and Van Ginkel. Seems like a wash at best. And there isn’t a single QB that will be better than Kirk this year. They obviously have to draft a QB and hope they get a franchise QB.

Maybe not compared to last year but they should have better depth on defense

Good riddance honestly.  If they would have paid Kirk Cousins $45 mil a year and soon to be Justin Jefferson $35-$40 mil a year it would have been the downfall of the organization.

And instead they signed three starting defensive players for $37 mil a year roughly, and still have $8 more mil to play around with to equal Kirk's contract per year.   Getting potentially four starters for one, I will do that all day.  

Cashman's injury history is a concern and Greenard has never been the main guy yet so we will see and Van Ginkel also has never been a full time counted on starter.  But all are versatile, multiple and can do a variety of things.  Van Ginkel able to drop in coverage which is very important and Cashman able to blitz extremely well for the LB spot.  Greenard is not a stiff and can drop is asked also.

So very interesting and as for Kirk, doubt he makes Atlanta into this Super Bowl team instantly but we will see.  

17 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

Good riddance honestly.    

That's not very respectful. Kirk was a very good quarterback and helped the Vikings win games.  You can't fault him for playing the contract game very well.  It's the system that the NFL agreed to with the NFLPA.  I appreciate his play for the Vikings and I wish him well.  There's no need to be disrespectful. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Captain Relax said:

That's not very respectful. Kirk was a very good quarterback and helped the Vikings win games.  You can't fault him for playing the contract game very well.  It's the system that the NFL agreed to with the NFLPA.  I appreciate his play for the Vikings and I wish him well.  There's no need to be disrespectful. 

Agreed

3 minutes ago, Captain Relax said:

Respect?  Football is a game correct?  And in that game Kirk Cousins is historically one of the most ridiculously overpaid players in the history of the NFL in terms of actually winning football games in the playoffs when it matters.  

You want to pay a guy $45 mil a year who cannot even win one game in the playoffs go right ahead, but I would say that is a straight waste of money and until Kirk can prove he can actually lead a team and win games in the playoffs when it matters he will just be another Phillip Rivers.  Oh wait never mind, Phillip Rivers was 5-7 in the playoffs!   So Kirk Cousins has a LONG way to go to get to even that point.  

For a QB you are judged by winning and losing and until you win you will always be viewed as a loser.  Because that is the point, to win games?  But yeah awesome for Kirk, he has played solid football and gets paid like he is a 3 time Super Bowl Champion, great for him!

8 minutes ago, Captain Relax said:

ngl this post made me lol.

"respectful"

14 minutes ago, wcblack34 said:

Downfall of the organization? Hyperbole is always fun.

Yes if they paid Kirk Cousins and Justin Jefferson a combined $80-85 mil a year, yeah that is a downfall of the organization at least for a few years.

You do know they just signed three starting defensive players for Kirk Cousins yearly wage?  Oh wait they still have $8 mil left so potentially could sign 4-5 starters for his one wage.  Granted they might not all hit but if they do they will be greatly better off long term.