• Coaching staff
    • Joe Flacco
    • Chief Njoku
    • JOK
    • Mike
    • horny (for you bonanza)
    • other

23 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

1. I would like to believe he was making dolphin noises flying through the air before he hit the defender

2. Every time I rewatch this I cant believe the ref STANDING RIGHT THERE didnt throw a flag on Williams smacking Flacco in the head (not that it ended up mattering, but still)

5 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

Every time I rewatch this I cant believe the ref STANDING RIGHT THERE didnt throw a flag on Williams smacking Flacco in the head (not that it ended up mattering, but still)

Yeah, it would have been declined and since Flacco was out of the pocket (Seemed like it anyway) he was a runner and they may have ruled it incidental.

Those are judgement calls so they vary from play to play and sometimes they call it and sometimes they don't (for a runner).

Edit:

Okay I rewatched, he was still between the tackles. so in the pocket. It would just have to be judged whether it was forceful contact to the head or an unintentional facemask. Still all judgement calls but It has certainly been flagged in the past... and not flagged.

Edited by Thomas5737

4 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

Yeah, it would have been declined and since Flacco was out of the pocket (Seemed like it anyway) he was a runner and they may have ruled it incidental.

Those are judgement calls so they vary from play to play and sometimes they call it and sometimes they don't (for a runner).

Edit:

Okay I rewatched, he was still between the tackles. so in the pocket. It would just have to be judged whether it was forceful contact to the head or an unintentional facemask. Still all judgement calls but It has certainly been flagged in the past... and not flagged.

Don’t protect the refs with your completely logical perspective.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Dawgpoun8017 said:

that is the kind of running Ford needs to do, one cut and go, no more dancing at the LOS and going east west

He is gonna be really good in time. With that said, I feel like Kareem should get the bulk of our playoff carries. Let ‘Reem bust his legs up for his final NFL playoff run. Ford can be the change of pace, as he was intended to be. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, BetterCallSaul said:

He is gonna be really good in time. With that said, I feel like Kareem should get the bulk of our playoff carries. Let ‘Reem bust his legs up for his final NFL playoff run. Ford can be the change of pace, as he was intended to be. 

I disagree I love Kareem but at this point he's a goal line short yard runner with an occasional wiggle for a 10 or 15 yard run

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Dawgpoun8017 said:

I disagree I love Kareem but at this point he's a goal line short yard runner with an occasional wiggle for a 10 or 15 yard run

I agree in general, but I can’t watch these other scrubs put the ball on the ground again.  Ford got lucky they called him down on Thursday, that ball looked to be moving to me. Also had another drop. 

I just think we need someone more reliable in there.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Dawgpoun8017 said:

When we get into a super tight playoff game, you’re going to want Kareem in the game.

You don’t want Ford / Strong fumbling it everywhere.

• Like 2