Week 17 Games

Leader

6 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

Dolphins came to play.  But Tyreek just pulled a boner and bobbled a TD

My cable company screwed up their schedule.

Tampa's playing at home today at 1.
The cable company's schedule indicates that MIA/BLT will be on NBC at 1 - while TPA/NOLA will be on FOX.
I think there's an NFL rule where any "opposing" games have to be blacked out in the home teams market - so, no MIA/BLT on NBC for me.

Just now, Leader said:

My cable company screwed up their schedule.

Tampa's playing at home today at 1.
The cable company's schedule indicates that MIA/BLT will be on NBC at 1 - while TPA/NOLA will be on FOX.
I think there's an NFL rule where any "opposing" games have to be blacked out in the home teams market - so, no MIA/BLT on NBC for me.

So you only get 1 game because you are in Tampa market? That is pretty weak.  I have been in a two team market for the last 20ish years so I didn't know that.  Columbia MO was Chiefs and Rams, and St Louis was Rams, but I think the Chiefs were always on CBS no matter what.  I think when they were both on the same channel at the same time St Louis had priority in both.  Now St Louis is KC market and supposedly GB market, but we seem to be getting cut for other games this season.  But the Chiefs will be on CBS and Fox will have a game, if it is both at noon or Fox's turn for afternoon game.

1 minute ago, ThatJerkDave said:

So you only get 1 game because you are in Tampa market? That is pretty weak.  I have been in a two team market for the last 20ish years so I didn't know that.  Columbia MO was Chiefs and Rams, and St Louis was Rams, but I think the Chiefs were always on CBS no matter what.  I think when they were both on the same channel at the same time St Louis had priority in both.  Now St Louis is KC market and supposedly GB market, but we seem to be getting cut for other games this season.  But the Chiefs will be on CBS and Fox will have a game, if it is both at noon or Fox's turn for afternoon game.

I honesty dont know.

In fact....my thinking doesnt make a whole lot of sense.....

i.e. block the MIA/BLT feed....so at to increase actual attendance at the TPA/NOLA game.....but FOX is showing that one directly?
So......basically, I've no clue. Dont really care a great deal about any games until tonight....so I'm making a huge pot of NY chili and effing around outside.
And I'll tell it straight....if I'm gonna watch another defensive effort like the GB/TPA thing........................................

• Like 1