Week 17 Games

Leader

6 hours ago, squire12 said:

Sure is.  And quite accurate

There is a large number of Vikings fans who keep saying that history is going to repeat itself with Rodgers coming here like Favre did. While we hated Favre for how he played against us we respected him. Rodgers though? No thanks! And what’s great take this is! Couldn’t have said it better myself 

50 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

He's a rock head. There is a difference between aggression and stupidity. He crossed over the threshold going for 2 after the penalty. 

Not only that, he could have taken the 3 in the first half.  Then he further makes bad decisions by going for two TWICE after the penalty and failing.  Got penalized, should have tied the game.  But Dan Campbell always goes for it!  He should save his anger for the guy in the mirror.  

1 hour ago, incognito_man said:

according to NYT simulator, this game had no measurable impact on Packers playoff chances

If nothing else, it creates a scenario where SF can clinch the 1 seed tomorrow. They would need Philly to lose at home to Arizona, so unlikely but not impossible. If that happens, SF would have nothing to play for in week 18 versus the Rams. 

• Like 1

The QB School -   Imo, the Lions tried to trick F the D by running on an extra OL and then having both OTs walk over to the ref together. Guessing 68 then verbally reports, but the ref got confused. I’d bet a lot both OTs were told to walk to the ref to confuse the D. Ended up confusing the ref.

2 hours ago, Leader said:

The QB School -   Imo, the Lions tried to trick F the D by running on an extra OL and then having both OTs walk over to the ref together. Guessing 68 then verbally reports, but the ref got confused. I’d bet a lot both OTs were told to walk to the ref to confuse the D. Ended up confusing the ref.

Exactly what happened, they even had the RT walk over too. None of them raise an arm and pat their stomach which is the universal "I'm declaring" motion either, so this was all done verbally. He announced #70 on the PA, so they had a chance to correct it too. You can't design a play that's meant to receive a defense via the refs and expect a good result. 

Going for 2 from the 7 was just moronic on Campbell's part and at that point, the Lions had earned their L.

• Like 8

10 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Exactly what happened, they even had the RT walk over too. None of them raise an arm and pat their stomach which is the universal "I'm declaring" motion either, so this was all done verbally. He announced #70 on the PA, so they had a chance to correct it too. You can't design a play that's meant to receive a defense via the refs and expect a good result. 

Going for 2 from the 7 was just moronic on Campbell's part and at that point, the Lions had earned their L.

Dan Campbell's aggression/stupidity is going to be his undoing in the end. 

8 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Both Decker (68) and Sewell (58) go over to the ref.  Skipper (70) jogs toward the ref and from the regular tv camera angle may have been doing the gesture of chest/stomach to indicate he is reporting is eligible.  Ref announced 70 as eligible( from what i saw on a clip this morning)

The assumption that only the correct player reported but not 2 or all 3 is questionable. 

Sucks for Detroit in how it played out.

26 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

This is where I am at.  The debate over whether the refs blew the OT eligible call is one thing. The decision to go for 2 after the penalty is 100% on Campbell. 

Being aggressive is Campbell's style, and I don't even hate it.  In this game, the aggressiveness cost DET a win.

1 hour ago, Leader said:

Good TV viewing day.....

1 - MIA/BLT
1 - TPA/NOLA  "Meh" - probably has some playoff considerations for GB...but I cant bring myself to watch it.
4 - CIN/KC

8 - GB/MN

That is what I have too.  I think the Tampa game will be good, if both teams show up.  But both of these teams have shown that they don't always show up.  

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

That is what I have too.  I think the Tampa game will be good, if both teams show up.  But both of these teams have shown that they don't always show up.  

Though it probably has bearing on NFC standings and such.....I'll be watching (or listening in to...) MIA/BLT.
Somehow watching good teams (offensively and defensively) seems a better use of my time.

I simply cant wait to see what misery our own defense brings at 8. Yikes.

2 hours ago, Leader said:

Good TV viewing day.....

1 - MIA/BLT
1 - TPA/NOLA  "Meh" - probably has some playoff considerations for GB...but I cant bring myself to watch it.
4 - CIN/KC

8 - GB/MN

Instead of tb/no i have pitt/seattle which is more interesting from playoff perspective