Week 17: San Francisco 49ers at Washington Commanders

J-ALL-DAY

Oliver working primarily at the safety spot this week and that's what he should be doing. He just isn't a good enough cover corner at this point and we have better ones ahead of him. Ryan probably gets the start if Brown is inactive or I guess possibly even Oliver. 

Luter is the one to pay attention to this week. If he gets the start or is rotated in relatively early, that means this team has plans for him in the postseason. I would just leave Thomas on the outside as he has played just fine and made some good plays last week but if he can't go, then I'd try Luter on the outside. 

• Like 1

On 12/27/2023 at 2:44 PM, J-ALL-DAY said:

As Shanny said, today is just a walkthrough so being limited today doesn't really mean much. Let's see if he is able to practice tomorrow or not. 

Seems like Banks will be out. Feliciano at LG is fine. Burford next to McK is pretty bad. McK should have been replaced in the offseason. Imagine if we would have taken a competent T instead of Latu. 

If Trent is out this will be a bottom 5 OL in the entire league. For that reason, I think he plays. We absolutely cannot win a SB without him at this point so I just hope he isnt putting himself at further risk by playing. 

Purdy's left shoulder seems to be an issue. We cannot have that man taking any hits this week. Need to run some more max protect. Bring Juice in on passing plays as a personal protector and make sure you have +1 blockers to rushers at all times. If kittle needs to pass block, so be it. 

Aiyuk Deebo and cmc can carry the load quite easily, no need to send anyone else out on a route. If the defense drops a lot of defenders and no one is open, juice can turn around and get a short dump off with some blockers downfield for him. 

I would also like us to run the ever living sh!t out of the ball. I think this game will be a shootout so I am hoping that we can control the clock and give the defense as few plays as possible. Lets get Mitchell and Mason some work. Mitchell needs to be worked in, so I expect us to get his feet wet again. Mason is a hammer, would like to see him soften up the defense with a touch or two in the first half. 

We are so banged up, I think the travel is catching up with us right now. If we win this week then there is a good chance this will be our last trip east all year. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

I can see it already. Fangio slows down Lamar, Miami wins. Purdy 4tds and the MVP talks shifts back. oh how I love football and particularly this year...

Man I was never paying any attention to the MVP race as it's irrelevant to me. When Patrick Mahomes won it last year it was the first time since 1999 (Kurt Warner) that the MVP of that respective season also went on to win the SB. Let Lamar have it or whomever as all I'm concerned is about the team play.

Oh btw I'd love for the Dolphins to beat the Ravens not just b/c of Christmas night but the shear fact that I can't stand the Ravens.

19 hours ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

Aiyuk could have an Amari Cooper type statline vs that secondary..

But Washington has a pretty awful OL, and with Howell back there I would be disappointed with anything less than 3 or 4 sacks.. 49ers defense should be in the backfield all day while CMC runs out the clock at 5.5 ypc.

49ers 30, Washington 7 

I just want a clean game played offensively and need the pass rush to wreck havoc from the get go. This is a game where we need 5+ sacks. Bosa needs to get 2+ sacks and I want Young to get more than one sack as well. Time to make the transition in giving Young majority of the early down snaps. Enough.