The Broncos are strongly considering to sit Russell Wilson for the final 2 games

Steelersfan43

5 hours ago, ET80 said:

Got it. What's next for Denver at QB? I can't think Stidham goes into 2024 as the starter.

I see us throwing more future draft picks on the poker table for a QB this year but I don't want it to be Drake May, or Caleb Williams. But I also don't think Jayden Daniels fits Payton's scheme so who knows. I don't think Payton has the patience to tank again next year unless it's with a highly coveted rookie QB. 

And just for reference, we haven't drafted a single QB to ever lead our team to a winning record. So we are due and desperate for one that isn't Lock or Paxton Lynch. Or Jay Cutler for that matter. 

16 minutes ago, BullsandBroncos said:

I see us throwing more future draft picks on the poker table for a QB this year but I don't want it to be Drake May, or Caleb Williams. But I also don't think Jayden Daniels fits Payton's scheme so who knows. I don't think Payton has the patience to tank again next year unless it's with a highly coveted rookie QB. 

And just for reference, we haven't drafted a single QB to ever lead our team to a winning record. So we are due and desperate for one that isn't Lock or Paxton Lynch. Or Jay Cutler for that matter. 

I don't think there's any chance Payton trades a bunch of capital for a rookie QB. He wants a vet.

Edited by StatKing

6 hours ago, Broncofan said:

He’s a goner.   The cap hit isn’t great but it’s been done 7x with greater dead cap and many more if they choose to designate it as a post-June 1 cut.  

Reality is next year is a rebuild.    2025 we’ll be fine cap wise.  Personally as 2024 is a rebuild year I’d just eat the entire hit.    But Wilson played his last game as a Bronco (barring Stidham injury - unless they take no chances and inactivate him).   

You called it expected to be cut in March.

Edited by Blackstar12
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, 4thandInches said:

I still have no idea why they were rushing to extend him.

They thought he was a sure thing. He's made it known he wants to play into his 40s and old qbs like Rodgers and Brady were still dominating the league.

Edited by StatKing

2 hours ago, StatKing said:

I don't think there's any chance Payton trades a bunch of capital for a rookie QB. He wants a vet.

I dont think there is one out there this team can win with that is obtainable. 

Good thing the NFL doesn't have fully guaranteed contracts like MLB.

Edited by BullsandBroncos