Brett Hundley, his career moving forward

SpanosPayYourRent

2 hours ago, disaacs said:

No team is going to make that mistake again like the Bears did with Glennon and the Texans did with Osweiler. 

Well, you don't give him Glennon money. But the idea of signing and playing a guy with a little experience while you look for/groom your next longterm option is solid.

Don't get me wrong, no one is giving up anything more than a 6th rounder (if that) for Hundley. But I could see him getting signed away in free agency and maybe some starts for a team in a bad QB situation. 

43 minutes ago, Coffee & Contemplation said:

Well, you don't give him Glennon money. But the idea of signing and playing a guy with a little experience while you look for/groom your next longterm option is solid.

Don't get me wrong, no one is giving up anything more than a 6th rounder (if that) for Hundley. But I could see him getting signed away in free agency and maybe some starts for a team in a bad QB situation. 

What a great username. 

52 minutes ago, Coffee & Contemplation said:

Just what I've seen from him, I just can't see it.  I don't think he has the makeup or the raw talent.  To me, he's JAG.  

He should be back in Green Bay.  Hard to give a QB a final grade after like 5 games only, he has shown a lot good and quite a bit of bad as well.  Does have a high ceiling though. 

We can keep him as a backup, if the staff still wants him around, for pennies on a rookie contract and possibly be eligible for a comp pick the year after.

Just doesn't make much sense for the Packers to trade him for less than a 2nd, maybe a 3rd, which I can't really imagine a team offering.

Thus, he'll likely be back in GB.

Hundley will go somewhere else and underwhelm, IMO. I don't think he's that good. That GB offense builds in a lot of his yardage. He has some really clunky mechanics and a long delivery. He has a strong arm, but there's too much wind-up to have success down the field against zones or teams that have 2 high safeties. IMO, he's still a backup.

I'm going to guess that he ends up in Buffalo, but ends up losing that job to Peterman.

14 hours ago, Pugger said:

I think it might be a little bit of both.   It is remarkable how this coaching staff kept this beat up team together with twine and duct tape waiting for the return of #12.  Hopefully we'll find out soon when/if Rodgers can play again this season.

I too think Hundley could carve out himself a decent career as a backup either in GB or elsewhere.  There is a reason why he wasn't drafted until the 5th round.

true and there were reasons where russel wilson was dratfed in the 3rd and dak drafted in the 4th.

On 12/13/2017 at 9:59 AM, disaacs said:

But, they showed more in the first quarter that they spent on the field than Hundley has shown in 8 games.  

And they have at times done things on the field that made a lot of people claim they are not fit to start... two weeks ago Dak was supposedly a fluke... point is don’t be so quick to uplift or dismiss especially if you see some flashes and progress. 

On 12/13/2017 at 8:45 AM, Pugger said:

If Wilson were a tad taller he would have been taken in the first round IMO.

He had way more knocks on him  besides his height even though we all found out those to be falsehoods... height should have been dismissed as he played behind a huge nfl style winsconsin oline thus he displayed the ability to play behind despite his size... 

Archived