2024 Free Agency

Humble_Beast

On 12/29/2023 at 4:37 PM, NYRaider said:

We can clean up the mistakes of the old regime, my two main targets would be:

Jaylon Johnson - The best CB in the free agent class and who we should've drafted instead of Damon Arnette a few years ago. He's a west coast kid that played at Utah so I'm assuming he'd like to play in Vegas to be close to friends and family. Not to mention Champ Kelly was a part of the Bears front office when they drafted him so they're familiar with each other. If we were to sign Johnson we'd have one of the better cornerback rooms in the league with Johnson, Hobbs, and Jones.

Leonard Williams - He hasn't been great this year but I think he still has some juice left in the tank and he's a guy that can play up and down the defensive line. He's also a west coast kid that grew up a big time Raiders fan so I'm sure that he'd also love to stay on the west coast to be close to friends and family. Plus there's an obvious connection there if we retain Patrick Graham as he played for PG for years with the Giants.

My thing with Leonard Williams is Adam Butler arguably was better this year & theyre around the same age so there's a chance that Adam Butler will be cheaper if brought back. 

8 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

My thing with Leonard Williams is Adam Butler arguably was better this year & theyre around the same age so there's a chance that Adam Butler will be cheaper if brought back. 

Leonard Williams is easily a better player but I don’t see why you couldn’t keep both. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Leonard Williams is easily a better player but I don’t see why you couldn’t keep both. 

Adam Butler was better this year. And Leonard Williams hasn't been the superstar his name would suggest for some years now. Now is the Raiders line better than the Seahawks or giants line? definitely. Did Leonard Williams grow up a raider fan and would be willing to take less money? Yes but if we're asking who was the better player in a contract year it was Adam Butler

26 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

Adam Butler was better this year. And Leonard Williams hasn't been the superstar his name would suggest for some years now. Now is the Raiders line better than the Seahawks or giants line? definitely. Did Leonard Williams grow up a raider fan and would be willing to take less money? Yes but if we're asking who was the better player in a contract year it was Adam Butler

Butler was awesome as a situational rusher, but Leonard Williams is a more well rounded player overall. I hope we keep Butler and bring in Williams on a reasonable deal.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Justwinning said:

Butler was awesome as a situational rusher, but Leonard Williams is a more well rounded player overall. I hope we keep Butler and bring in Williams on a reasonable deal.

For sure, both would be ideal. But if we're able to sure up other parts of the roster like say offensive line, and I have to choose between Ping Leonard Williams a little bit more or running it back with Adam Butler. I'm going to Adam Butler every time. 

16 hours ago, Justwinning said:

I wouldn't bring in Williams to play DE.  Koonce is our guy.  We definitely need to bring Butler back.  If we do sign a DL, I'm hoping it is a true DT.

Signing Chris Jones would definitely be an Al Davis type move. It weakens KC and strengthens us. I’d actually prefer Wilkins since he is younger. 

We got an opportunity to upgrade the DT position from Nichols and Tillery. . Adam Butler was great and should be resigned. 

6 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

Signing Chris Jones would definitely be an Al Davis type move. It weakens KC and strengthens us. I’d actually prefer Wilkins since he is younger. 

We got an opportunity to upgrade the DT position from Nichols and Tillery. . Adam Butler was great and should be resigned. 

Tillery earned another team friendly contract and should have his best 2-3 years of football in front of him. But Bilal can beat it.

I agree that Christian Wilkins is a better long term target than Chris Jones. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

I’d actually prefer Wilkins since he is younger.

Only by like 1.5 years which isn't crazy. However the gap between the two is substantial. Chris Jones is a top 5 Defender imo. I don't think it would be possible to stop a DL of Crosby - Jones - Tyree - Koonce.

That is some insane diversity and ability. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Some enormous names:

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-2024-free-agent-rankings-free-agency

• Chris Jones
  • Kirk Cousins
  • Josh Allen (OLB)
  • Tee Higgnis
  • Brian Burns
  • Madubuike
  • Wilkins
  • Winfield Jr
  • Etc.

Is this the best potential FA DT class... ever? Of course some guys will be extended/tagged but I bet Chris Jones walks.

The thing about Kirk cousins is it only makes sense if you believe in Aiden O'Connell. Because in order for Kirk cousins to be successful here, even if it's just for one year as you have to improve the offensive line at a ridiculous scale which is supposed to be the problem with going with Aiden O'Connell. 

that said, I wouldn't have a problem with it but how much is he going to cost?

Edited by Jeremy408
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Some enormous names:

• Chris Jones
  • Kirk Cousins
  • Josh Allen (OLB)
  • Tee Higgnis
  • Brian Burns
  • Madubuike
  • Wilkins
  • Winfield Jr
  • Etc.

Is this the best potential FA DT class... ever? Of course some guys will be extended/tagged but I bet Chris Jones walks.

If we sign one of these D tackles, bring back Butler, and draft a CB at 13 (idk who, kool aid, wiggins, dejean), we are gonna be NASTY on defense.

• Like 3

19 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Only by like 1.5 years which isn't crazy. However the gap between the two is substantial. Chris Jones is a top 5 Defender imo. I don't think it would be possible to stop a DL of Crosby - Jones - Tyree - Koonce.

That is some insane diversity and ability. 

Wow I thought Chris Jones was older.

We gotta find a way to get one of those top tier  DTs. Our DL would be top tier for the foreseeable future

23 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Some enormous names:

• Chris Jones
  • Kirk Cousins
  • Josh Allen (OLB)
  • Tee Higgnis
  • Brian Burns
  • Madubuike
  • Wilkins
  • Winfield Jr
  • Etc.

If we can sign one of the top DTs and top CBs, this will be a win in FA.  I don't want a bunch of JAGs.  Give me two top guys in FA.  

As Bucksavage said about Chris Jones, I would love it if we somehow pulled off the greatest FA heist of all time and signed both Chris Jones and L. Sneed.

I would probably stand in the rain, so others didn't notice my tears of joy.